issue connecting to a Nighthawk 6XS from an Asus z390 gaming pro

Jan 27, 2019
I recently built a new pc based around the Asus z390 Gaming Pro motherboard (i9 9900k, 3000mhz ddr4 corsair vengence, rtx 2070 etc) and have been having no end of issues.

I am tracking down various issues right now, but the one that is boggling my mind the most is the fact that our router (a Netgear Nighthawk 6XS R8000P) will not load up its router access page from Edge (yes I use edge... I am a dinosaur).

I put in the usual router access address i.e. www.routerlogin.net, which works from all my other devices (even my phone), and the page doesnt even try to load. This combined with the fact that Steam will occasionally not load in properly (failing to get access to the steam servers), Streamlabs OBS wont access the interwebs occasionally, and occasionally even Edge fails me, has led me to try three different ethernet cables (I dont use wifi... as I said... Im a dinosaur), but all to no avail.

I have noticed that when I can access the interwebs through Edge, I generally cannot access steam, or streamlabs obs, and vice versa... it is really weird.

I can build PC's, I can test PC's, I can program PC's, but Networking has always been a Dark Art for me... I just know I don't like WIFI, and that Ethernet is good, Ethernet is reliable... or at least it is usually reliable... and if it doesn't work, I can usually hit something with it.

If anyone has even the slightest idea as to why my router refuses to chooch with my motherboard, I would be very greatful…

Then all I have to worry about is why my RTX 2070 refuses to work consistently when I have a display port and HDMI connected at the same time... but that is a post for another time. Right now, I have spent a lot of saved up money on a system, that is now just an expensive paper weight... and for the first time in my 30 years experience building and running PC's, I am at a loss.

Oh, and I have literally updated EVERY driver, even updated the routers firmware (though it is vanilla not modded). It is most confuzilating

Jan 27, 2019
There may be an issue with windows 10 that is causing this, but I wont know for sure until Microsoft releases another update. I will update this post if that turns out to be the case. I am currently running Windows 10, build 1803, when we get updated to either 1903 or 1917 (depending which passes certification) I will test this again. For the moment, I will just have to make do with intermittent interwebs issues, unless someone else comes up with a different solution.