Question Issue getting new Acer monitor going with graphics card

jtoml3

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all,

My LG monitor of 12 years just died. It has served me well, and now I've gone and purchased this Acer monitor.

This was a bit of a snap decision as I need a new one quickly, and as the monitor has HDMI and I knew (loosely at the time) the GT 1050 does as well, I went and bought it. Up until now I've been doing DVI to DVI.

This has shown my stupidity in rushing this, because now I'm struggling to get the monitor going.

So far I can get it going by using the VGA cable with a random VGA port, as the GT 1050 doesn't have VGA (only DVI and HDMI 2.0).

I had a HDMI to DVI cable sitting around which I tried, no luck. I also had a HDMI cable lying around which fits into the monitor and 1050, however the screen still gets "no signal".

I know getting a new graphics card may solve the issue, however financially (as much as I'd like a new card) I'd prefer to try and make the 1050 work first if possible.

The new monitor is HDMI 1.4 and the 1050 is HDMI 2.0. Should that HDMI cord be working, or would another type of cord be the right one?

Any advice would be great.

Hi all,

My LG monitor of 12 years just died. It has served me well, and now I've gone and purchased this Acer monitor.

This was a bit of a snap decision as I need a new one quickly, and as the monitor has HDMI and I knew (loosely at the time) the GT 1050 does as well, I went and bought it. Up until now I've been doing DVI to DVI.

This has shown my stupidity in rushing this, because now I'm struggling to get the monitor going.

So far I can get it going by using the VGA cable with a random VGA port, as the GT 1050 doesn't have VGA (only DVI and HDMI 2.0).

I had a HDMI to DVI cable sitting around which I tried, no luck. I also had a HDMI cable lying around which fits into the monitor and 1050, however the screen still gets "no signal".

I know getting a new graphics card may solve the issue, however financially (as much as I'd like a new card) I'd prefer to try and make the 1050 work first if possible.

The new monitor is HDMI 1.4 and the 1050 is HDMI 2.0. Should that HDMI cord be working, or would another type of cord be the right one?

Any advice would be great.
hdmi should be working on any version, also if your monitor got vga port, maybe you would try to use hdmi to vga converter, plug the hdmi to gpu and vga to monitor.