[SOLVED] Issue getting new motherboard to connect to my monitor and usb ports to work

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
I just got my new motherboard, and as of 4 hours ago my pc was working great with my old mother board, now it wont connect to my monitor at all, i have the ASUS PRIME Z370 A-II. My controll panel usb ports dont work maybe because this motherboard says ut uses 3.1 usb and the cable is 3.0 usb. I have 3 RAM sticks all work and fit perfectly inside, i am using the intel i7 9700k and i believe should be working and i checked all the pins, all intact. I am using the rtx 2070 8gb SUPER, GPU is brand new and worked with my other motherboard, it does not have a DVI or VGA slot only HDMI. I have a 600watt power suply and 1 1tb SSD and 1 1tb HDD.

So far everything turns on, all my 3 pin fans do not turn on with this mother board, the CPU fan does turn on but only when connected to a specific port, all my fans actually work when connected to this one specific port which is supposed to be either for the CPU or a pump but its the only one that works for some reason

The motherboard has LED that will indicate if there is a problem with anything, non of them light up everything powers on and the motherboards led's work as well. As well for my panel i connected it all right but the usb ports still dont work besides when i stick my wifi stick in, but the rest of the buttons on it do work just fine.

Im not sure what i did wrong i did my best to make sure everything is connected properly but it just wont connect to my monitor and after i turn everything on i cant use my mouse or keyboard since no usb port will work. I will be happy to provide pictures if any are needed.

Solution
Not sure what mobo comos means. But if its to do with another memorized cpu that is preventing it from working how can i fix this? Plus i just plugged in my motherboard speaker and it has non stop loud 2 second beeps. And i cannot even find a single beep code that covers that kind of beep
So in order to clear you mobo cmos, remove the watch battery from the mobo, it's a small round then battery thats held in by a clip well the psu os unplugged and off. With the comos battery removed and psu unplugged hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times. After words reinstall the batter and the power cord try
I just got my new motherboard, and as of 4 hours ago my pc was working great with my old mother board, now it wont connect to my monitor at all, i have the ASUS PRIME Z370 A-II. My controll panel usb ports dont work maybe because this motherboard says ut uses 3.1 usb and the cable is 3.0 usb. I have 3 RAM sticks all work and fit perfectly inside, i am using the intel i7 9700k and i believe should be working and i checked all the pins, all intact. I am using the rtx 2070 8gb SUPER, GPU is brand new and worked with my other motherboard, it does not have a DVI or VGA slot only HDMI. I have a 600watt power suply and 1 1tb SSD and 1 1tb HDD.

So far everything turns on, all my 3 pin fans do not turn on with this mother board, the CPU fan does turn on but only when connected to a specific port, all my fans actually work when connected to this one specific port which is supposed to be either for the CPU or a pump but its the only one that works for some reason

The motherboard has LED that will indicate if there is a problem with anything, non of them light up everything powers on and the motherboards led's work as well. As well for my panel i connected it all right but the usb ports still dont work besides when i stick my wifi stick in, but the rest of the buttons on it do work just fine.

Im not sure what i did wrong i did my best to make sure everything is connected properly but it just wont connect to my monitor and after i turn everything on i cant use my mouse or keyboard since no usb port will work. I will be happy to provide pictures if any are needed.
Did you connect the cpu power on the mobo this is the most common promblem. However if this is not the issue try clearing the mobo comos, it may have been a test board to make sure that batch was good. So it has another cpu memorized in it right now which is the second most common problem for boards like this.

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
Did you connect the cpu power on the mobo this is the most common promblem. However if this is not the issue try clearing the mobo comos, it may have been a test board to make sure that batch was good. So it has another cpu memorized in it right now which is the second most common problem for boards like this.

Not sure what mobo comos means. But if its to do with another memorized cpu that is preventing it from working how can i fix this? Plus i just plugged in my motherboard speaker and it has non stop loud 2 second beeps. And i cannot even find a single beep code that covers that kind of beep

So in order to clear you mobo cmos, remove the watch battery from the mobo, it's a small round then battery thats held in by a clip well the psu os unplugged and off. With the comos battery removed and psu unplugged hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 times. After words reinstall the batter and the power cord try

Solution

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
So if i get it to boot and connect what do i do about the usb ports not working even on my panel they dont work, but im not sure if the usb cord is 1394 or not.

I have a usb when plugged in and connect it lights up so when i plug it in it very quickly flashed when half way in and then its dark again and it happens when i pull it out it quickly flashes, so that means some sort of power is just briefly reaching it. Not sure about that

So if i get it to boot and connect what do i do about the usb ports not working even on my panel they dont work, but im not sure if the usb cord is 1394 or not.

I have a usb when plugged in and connect it lights up so when i plug it in it very quickly flashed when half way in and then its dark again and it happens when i pull it out it quickly flashes, so that means some sort of power is just briefly reaching it. Not sure about that
Thats another matter let me know if you can get the computer to boot first. Again well psu is off and unplugged pull the cmos battery and then hold the power button on the the case 2x for 30s. Then put battery back in and plug psu back in see if pc boots

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
Thats another matter let me know if you can get the computer to boot first. Again well psu is off and unplugged pull the cmos battery and then hold the power button on the the case 2x for 30s. Then put battery back in and plug psu back in see if pc boots
I have tried all i can and it just wont connect, i trued connecting my mobo speaker but i can only connect it to the RGB header port and when its in there is does the 2 second beeps non stop. I have tried disconnecting the GPU and connecting via the mobo but it still doesnt work and all my usb ports are dead and when i connect my panel to the motherboard those usb ports still dont work, so even if i was able to get into the BIOS i wouldnt be able to do anything since nothing can connect. I also have a 600watt PSU and my graphics card and motherboard both equal to around 600watts i think.

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018

One last question, i have the RTX 2070 8gb super, i7 9700k cpu, 1tb hdd and 1tb ssd. With 24gb of ram.
What intel supported motherboard do you reccomend that i get, that is for me i just want what will fit those companents i dont need anything more or anything really fancy and i just want it to be reliable. What do you reccomend that will work with all me parts?

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
Lol. Z370 doesn't support 9th gen out of the box. You need a bios update.

In order to update the bios you will need an 8th gen CPU.

otherwise you need to get a Z390.

I quite littertly realized this an hour ago, so im just goona send the 370 back and get a 390. Felt like a fool, i just didnt realize that.

So that would be the reason why its just not working? I need to update the bios with the 8700k. So its not broken just a technical error on my part

Or do you think i could bring it in to my local computer tech place and just get them to update the motherboard for me?

lp17881818

Prominent
Dec 10, 2018
Any 8th gen CPU will do. If it's simpler and cheaper for you to take it to a local place and have them do it then that's fine.
I hope it will be cheaper, i don't think it could be that expensive to pop in a random cpu that could work then update it, if not i will just trade in the 9700k for a 8700k. So will a 8700k work then?

TRENDING THREADS