Issue installing windows 10.

Oct 29, 2018
I apologize if this is a repeated post, but I've been searching these forums and the web to no avail. Did some hardware changes in my pc, different mobo, more ram, different GPU. All ran fine until I tried to upgrade processor. Found out processor wasn't compatible. Tried to start with original processor for the board, wouldn't boot. Finally, after 4 days of trying, got the pc to boot, but I got the bsod saying ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt. Tried to fix your booting a dvd with Windows 10, redirecting me to the bsod about the file. Used diskpart to clear the drive via another pc, reinstalled to mine, still getting the ntoskrnl.exe bsod, and occasionally an additional bsod stating, header checksum doesnt match the computed checksum, error code 0xc0000221. Any way I look at it, no matter what I try, its a bsod. Please help???? I've tried a new iso, different installation media and different drive. It seems like its hung up and refusing to allow me to run the windows installer.

Edit: Now getting a combination of the ntoskrnl.exe (0xc0000221) and winload.exe missing/corrupt (error code: 0xc0000098). Regardless, not letting me boot the Win 10 dvd/USB.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried using a new installer? It could be the windows on USB is corrupted

The STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH bug check has a value of 0xC0000221. This indicates that a driver or a system DLL has been corrupted.

This can also be caused by faulty hardware in the I/O path to the file (a disk error, faulty RAM, or a corrupted page file).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xc0000221--status-image-checksum-mismatch

try running memtest 86 on the ram, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the errors. remove/replace any ram with errors

ntoskrnl = windows kernel. Windows cannot work without it. it looks after all high level commands associated with memory management, power management and Hardware interactions.

winload.exe is just as crucial. Something is corrupting your install, and ram is a good place to start looking