Question Issue Involving Audio Jack/Having to hold the 3.5 mm jack down constantly

Apr 18, 2019
So what happened is that I somehow damaged my Audio Jack on my 'Asus K541U' Laptop, and now it won't play full high-quality audio through my headphones unless I push it down and just keep on holding it down. I am looking for cheap ways to fix this. Obviously, I found out it was the audio jack by the process of elimination. I looked if the same exact headphones worked on other devices, and guess what? It did... so as of now, I am in deep need of assistance here. I either tell my parents and have to pay a ton load because my warranty is expired, or I somehow with your guys help get it fixed. Please help! This is the only actual picture I can get of the audio jack, my soundcard handles both microphone and audio through one jack.

This is the motherboard and the internal parts of the Laptop.

Last edited:
If ur lucky, there are dust balls inside the jack and all you need to do is to clean it out. Fashion a hook with a paper clip like so:

If ur unlucky, at some point you bump/yanked it hard and the jack's solder got detached, not making solid contact. Only way to fix is teardown and re-solder.

I somehow damaged my Audio Jack( ...) and now it won't play full high-quality audio through my headphones unless I push it down and just keep on holding it down.
You can probably get the jack replaced if a good tech with a soldering iron is able and willing to do it (and if you/they can source a compatible replacement).

I did the same to an HTC phone's audio jack and there was no simpler fix.😊

Fashion a hook with a paper clip like so:
Metal...? Isn't that counter intuitive?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS