Question Issue Involving Audio Jack/Having to hold the 3.5 mm jack down constantly

hanoodi19

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
So what happened is that I somehow damaged my Audio Jack on my 'Asus K541U' Laptop, and now it won't play full high-quality audio through my headphones unless I push it down and just keep on holding it down. I am looking for cheap ways to fix this. Obviously, I found out it was the audio jack by the process of elimination. I looked if the same exact headphones worked on other devices, and guess what? It did... so as of now, I am in deep need of assistance here. I either tell my parents and have to pay a ton load because my warranty is expired, or I somehow with your guys help get it fixed. Please help! This is the only actual picture I can get of the audio jack, my soundcard handles both microphone and audio through one jack.
5307290325.jpg

This is the motherboard and the internal parts of the Laptop.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
If ur lucky, there are dust balls inside the jack and all you need to do is to clean it out. Fashion a hook with a paper clip like so:

ucTVSuZ0EDvOFa1VqcNW9OLgKhh6oPffYlAFJypRgdWWLrdmrnpSlWafXiTnErEq-lq3K0m9_8atJL25tDYfs7wDQU7LOcu7JVrlHk8hPTAaen0mhaTLI3avdR9uC4tXXpNKS79FIdbc1xBiyKhj9lGQBkFjY_VmZt6-ob22CUqp-sikQ3Sg_t62VnUsjJK4s45v8G58kN_czcJ8NyquZvvPtZs_F7nz3YyVrj6jfqjz-KVIl0vli7nsG23cpq_DMWN1Urt7Ojp3rYOUo6vAzvNGf7vhsxM-VPCX8MYqpnYjtbrsWOzVHOZAlLdQIK2x2V2TeXz_YIivLMJdC-0r9XM3XaaRWnnz4pKZ2gNbDprxstXG84OjacFKIflXTDsmNbyCdY6fcxuTf3AeYUXGPxZL_-xDCI22kqj4Hmh3pT-6YP66ODEIjPuAuOAW6UkD_EC58fU-d8LjOUBoEfbvYqayjT_Th1wVjSG_e7iS33dAXVfdVfJrz4WUOmgvqiSDvEj7AaYwolCUSo23YJqj5yxAiC0WdadguYhgdlJAQsUMX-2H21R0y6tMQzbKcNt84Fisae5mDAd6uwppHoErpOIqk32xZrTTbLibYsHZ8ogcO5WvPYS3OkUOscTieaQk1CwDbnKJ3AMGK_lkubmHCsWTA0X6G-8eA8zVWewRSj4QzDF5HyihxaMbUX7qqyujcKkGZI5n-lqdcB2fU2BhFwbu=w408-h306-no

If ur unlucky, at some point you bump/yanked it hard and the jack's solder got detached, not making solid contact. Only way to fix is teardown and re-solder.

I somehow damaged my Audio Jack( ...) and now it won't play full high-quality audio through my headphones unless I push it down and just keep on holding it down.
You can probably get the jack replaced if a good tech with a soldering iron is able and willing to do it (and if you/they can source a compatible replacement).

I did the same to an HTC phone's audio jack and there was no simpler fix.😊

Fashion a hook with a paper clip like so:
Metal...? Isn't that counter intuitive?