Question Issue of CPU fan and Motherboard not fitting

Jun 20, 2019
So I bought an Alienware Aurora R5 some years ago and recently bought a new CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 2700X) and a new AM4 motherboard. When I unpacked it all I realized that first of all the motherboard was too big so I am trying to return it and get a micro-ATX motherboard. 2nd problem is that the fan that comes with the CPU is too big for my case. The alienware case is set up in such a way that the power supply is on a "swinging" door that opens up, in other words when the computer is closed the power supply is right next to the CPU and does not allow enough room for the fan that came with the CPU (The new fan is roughly 3.6 inches tall). I am considering buying a new case that could fit the motherboard I got and the fan, however I'm not sure how well all of the components would move over from a pre built computer to an empty case. Any ideas, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks guys.

Jun 20, 2019
what other components? you already getting a new motherboard, cpu, cpu cooler
Well since it was a prebuilt PC it already has everything it needed. I was upgrading the CPU and it needed a new motherboard since the socket was different. The main thing I'm worried about is the power supply, since it is set up different in this case then it is in most I dont know if it will fit correctly in a new case. I have a GPU, hard drive, and multiple fans as you do in an PC as well.

TRENDING THREADS