Issue on PC Picker/General Build Feedback

Nov 26, 2018
I get this issue with this PC build I was wanting to build:

"The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."

This is my first PC Build so I'm not sure exactly what this all means, so if anyone can clarify for me if this will be an issue or not, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also this is my current build, any feedback on it would be amazing as again, this is my first build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wsWPLJ

Thanks!

Also, reason why there's no GPU is because the CPU I'm actually using is the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics, which I plan on eventually upgrading to a more recent GPU, but at a later time.

I wouldn't recommend that motherboard for this build TBH. The real difference between a B450 and a X470 motherboard id that X470 boards can run SLI. I would suggest going for a higher end B450 rather than a low end X470 because for the same price of 120$, manufacturer's will cut corners on other areas in order to integrate the SLI technology.

For the same price I would suggest the MSI B450 Tomahawk or Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite.

Wolfshadw

Titan
"The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."p

This mean exactly as it states. Your motherboard has two M.2 slots and six SATA 6.0 ports. When you connect your Western Digital M.2 SSD, one of the SATA ports will be disabled. The remaining five will not be affected in any way.

-Wolf sends

Nov 26, 2018

Is there any way to tell which SATA ports will be disabled?