[SOLVED] [ISSUE] PC won't post in the Primary PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2020
[ISSUE]
PC won't post if GPU is in the primary PCI-E slot , x570-f MB (tried two different with same issue) , Ryzen 5900x , 3080 tuf oc (tried also with rx 580, same issue)
Help me please :( i tried everything, i will post my answer to ASUS question with my problem, Asus said that CPU is damaged, AMD said that is not CPU , i also found a post with guy with same issue:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-bios-update-for-ryzen-5000-series.3667246/

All cpu cores seems to work really good, so i dont understand:
CPU benchmark
So could be BIOS update the problem? But i tried the last two different versions.

I tried everything with GPU directly inserted in PCI-E and after tried also with Riser Cable 3.0
••• Does the system post?
It posts only if the GPU is in the secondary slot
••• What does the QLED diagnostic LED display?
QLED diagnostic LED displays a white light on VGA (look at photo)
••• Update the UEFI
UEFI has been updated to the latest beta release (and tried with another release also)
••• Reseated the core hardware ( RAM, Graphics Card, and CPU )
Every core component has been reseated
••• Checked all power cables
All the power cables are correctly plugged-in
••• Used the card only in the primary x16 slot
No as per the aforementioned issue
••• Confirm there are no bent pins on the CPU.
All pins are as straight as Johnny Sins
••• Confirm you have tried a different display cable.
Tried both HDMI and DP

Thanks a lot, i dont know what to do :(

View: https://i.imgur.com/Id41rMq.png

Dec 8, 2020
wow ..

in which slot did you put the GPU to have it to work ? the second or third one ?
I’m using it in second slot, its x16 also so there is not so much different in performance, but top one ita 16x and 16eletronic , second one is 16x and 8 eletronic. Its not full bandwith and i dont like to have gpu like 3080 that i cant use 100%

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
I’m using it in second slot, its x16 also so there is not so much different in performance, but top one ita 16x and 16eletronic , second one is 16x and 8 eletronic. Its not full bandwith and i dont like to have gpu like 3080 that i cant use 100%

I am asking to know if it is the CPU or not, because the first and second slots take lanes from the CPU , while the third one takes lanes from the chipset.

your problem is hard to solve online ... can you reset the bios to default and see what happens ? dont overclock , just reset all to default and check

Dec 8, 2020
try this ,

unplug the power cable (wall power) ,

Put the card in slot one . take out the mother board battery for few minutes then put it back and plug the power cable and turn the PC on and see if it works.
Just tried, same issue, VGA led and pc wont post

Dec 8, 2020
try this ,

unplug the power cable (wall power) ,

Put the card in slot one . take out the mother board battery for few minutes then put it back and plug the power cable and turn the PC on and see if it works.
i’m using a 3.0 m2 in Mb could it conflict with pcie line?

Dec 8, 2020
How did you confirm it was cpu
After a lot o tries of EVERYTHING , and 1 month spent to find the cause, i was sure 100% that was cpu, so i bought another one from amazon to test it and everything post correctly, then i resend cpu back to amazon for refund

Status
Not open for further replies.