[SOLVED] Issue reaching advertised speeds utilizing DOCP function

Jun 26, 2020
Having a bit of an issue with some newly purchased Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16) C18 3600Mhz kit. Memory seems to boot and run fine when running on the standard(stock) speeds of 2666mhz, but attempting to flip on the DOCP function to reach its advertised 3600mhz leads to a system unable to POST.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082DGZJ9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x (stock)
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT SE
RAM: Detects as SK Hynix
Mobo: ASUS Prime x570-Pro (updated bios ver to latest)

Any suggestions?

Solution
Just realized that memory module isnt in the approved list, damnit. According to the pcpartpicker system builder, these components should be compatible. Should i just return the item and replace it with the GSkill Trident Z Neo modules which seem to be a bit more compatible with this build?

Was hoping to stick with a primarily corsair based layout for the rig, but function comes first.
Are you sure you installed RAM in appropriate slots? most probably A2 and B2.
Jun 26, 2020
Just realized that memory module isnt in the approved list, damnit. According to the pcpartpicker system builder, these components should be compatible. Should i just return the item and replace it with the GSkill Trident Z Neo modules which seem to be a bit more compatible with this build?

Was hoping to stick with a primarily corsair based layout for the rig, but function comes first.

Last edited:

Are you sure you installed RAM in appropriate slots? most probably A2 and B2.

Reactions: CJGoodings
Solution
Jun 26, 2020
Total bonehead mistake :D
The modules were installed in A1 & B1. The system detected the full memory load (32GB) in a dual channel configuration, but it seems that was the cause of the issue.

Thanks for the help bud, saved me countless hours of additional headache.

Total bonehead mistake :D
The modules were installed in A1 & B1. The system detected the full memory load (32GB) in a dual channel configuration, but it seems that was the cause of the issue.

Thanks for the help bud, saved me countless hours of additional headache.
Even after 30+ years of experience with PCs, I still check manuals for all unfamiliar hardware if posible even before I acquire them, saves a lot of time and nerve