[SOLVED] Issue regarding choppy / sluggish feel in games

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Here are my specs :

๐‚๐๐” : ๐‘๐ฒ๐ณ๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ• ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ฑ (๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ณ๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ )

๐‘๐€๐Œ : ๐‚๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ซ ๐•๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ƒ๐ƒ๐‘๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Œ๐ก๐ณ

๐†๐๐” (๐†๐“๐— ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿ”๐†๐, ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž)

๐๐’๐” (๐“๐—๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ๐Œ ๐†๐จ๐ฅ๐, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐—๐“ ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ๐ฐ)

๐Œ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐ (๐€๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ-๐๐‹๐”๐’, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐€๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ-๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ)

So i've got a huge problem i need your help with, for 4 months my computer has been in the wreck causing a ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ, ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ, via every single game it also occurs via windows, putting a video in fullscreen on my opposite monitor makes it more noticeable, whereas it gets more ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ข๐, it mostly appears in games though,

Originally my computer wouldn't boot into my SSD and i tried to repair it but had to reinstall my windows then the issue instantly popped up via games & i noticed it on windows a while later, i tested via using a spare motherboard with ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ฉ๐ฎ & ๐ซ๐š๐ฆ, but same ๐—š๐—ฃ๐—จ, ๐—ฃ๐—ฆ๐—จ, ๐—›๐——๐——/๐—ฆ๐—ฆ๐——, ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜€, issue occured the same, then i tried looking at settings, limiting fps, trying out vsync but no matter what i did it stayed the same on every single setting.

A week later my PSU failed, i replaced it a couple weeks later and the issue occured still, i started thinking that my power supply damaged parts of my computer, couple weeks later i got a new motherboard and same issue occured, so it lead me to believe it was the GPU and/or CPU, so a week ago i replaced the parts and same issue occurs, just lesser extent and less choppy, but still there.

Here is a list of what i've tried,

๐Ÿ : ๐“๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐.

๐Ÿ : ๐“๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ซ๐š๐ฆ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐.

๐Ÿ‘ - ๐“๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐‚๐๐” ๐จ๐ง ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐.

๐Ÿ’ : ๐“๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ / ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž / ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐

๐Ÿ“ : ๐“๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ• ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ, ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ๐ซ๐š ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ

๐Ÿ” : ๐‘๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ ๐›๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ + ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ข๐š ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ

๐Ÿ• : ๐“๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ, ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐œ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฉ๐œ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž + ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ

๐Ÿ– : ๐„๐๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ, ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐ž๐Ÿ๐š๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ, ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐ƒ๐” ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฉ๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ

๐Ÿ— : ๐”๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‘๐ฒ๐ณ๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ‘'๐ฌ ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐š ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ ๐ฉ๐ฎ, ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ž ๐จ๐œ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž.

๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ : ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ (๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ)

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ : ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž (๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ค๐ž๐ฒ๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐, ๐ข ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ž)

None of what i did worked else i wouldn't be here, after thorough testing it lead me to the conclusion of the cpu & gpu being the issue, considering they both have the same issue across multiple boards, and gpu has same issue on different mobo with different cpu & ram, so i replaced them and same issue occurs still, leaving only three things, ๐Œ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐, ๐๐’๐” & ๐‘๐€๐Œ, used my spare board that may have been damaged by my psu (this one's old and has no over / under voltage protection) with a stick of DDR3 ram that hadn't been touched by the psu, same issue occurs, leading me to believe ram is crossed out but i could be wrong.

I've asked around alot trying to see if each individual part could cause this, most people said gpu and/or cpu, my theory is that when my old power supply damaged my motherboard i'm currently using, it damaged the new parts i put it into, therefore same issue, however it's just a theory and not a very good one considering this is what im up against,

๐‚๐๐”, ๐†๐๐”, ๐‘๐€๐Œ & ๐‡๐ƒ๐ƒ/๐’๐’๐ƒ went through extensive testing of 4 hours on burnintest, 0 errors occured, + benchmarks like UNIGINE heaven & UNIGINE valley DO NOT have the issue, neither does ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ค / ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง, only via games / windows, also the GPU, CPU & motherboard have no visual damage, no bent pins on cpu, can't really see the inside of the gpu, but it looks fine & motherboard has no leaking capacitors, all of them also have no bad symptoms whatsoever.

Nothing i've tried has worked & i'm left with my computer parts damaging eachother or my ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ฎ / ๐ซ๐š๐ฆ / ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐›๐จ๐š๐ซ๐ being broken, i can't figure this out for the life of me and i'm going insane, i've got no idea if it's normal for your game feel to shift between fluid to sluggish / slow but based on my previous experience of years in gaming, it dosen't feel normal, also with my old parts (top of the page) the issue i've described never happened before my ssd failed.

My FPS stays consistent during the transition from fluid to sluggish and slow, temperatures are a solid 60c / 70c on ๐œ๐ฉ๐ฎ & ๐ ๐ฉ๐ฎ, cpu dosen't hit 100% most the time and same with gpu, unless under very high settings in which it needs to push itself, same with cpu,

I have tested my PSU's voltages with a multimeter and done the fan spin test, the voltages are within the 5% tolerance range (2-3% for all of them last i checked), also they are currently around the same volts i checked two days ago on HWInfo.

few obvious things people have already asked me but i'll stop y'all from asking if you are going to,

• No i do not have vsync on
  • No it's not because my ram speed is slow and ryzen depends on higher ram speed, as i said this never happened before my ssd failed and i had the exact same ram speed.
  • Most the people i've shown videos to do not see the issue, but a few do, i'm guessing it's one of those things people don't notice too much, unless you're a gamer like me.
c
Here are a few video examples, most are fortnite but it is clearly visible, on my phone and my computer, atleast to me, and no i'm not insane, i cannot see the issue on other people's computers or youtube / streams.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWjcOI0uPzM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxa-uWKxKM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGhpGXkAT8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzgQsge0Jk

That's all i've done and tested, now please help me, i'm very desperate, thanks.

PS : Sorry for all the reading, but i had to explain everything for y'all to understand.

Last edited:
Solution
Great so now i see half areas being slower and less fluid cause its 60hz, can i go backwards in time and not see it?

just fantastic nothing is broken after all i think..

the frametimes however do they look at all normal is something wrong with mine?

Well they look normal for someone running on a 60hz office monitor without synching

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I really don't see what you're talking about except maybe a little in the last video probably because you're recording it off your monitor.

The easiest way to test if its a hardware problem is to play one of your more detailed games with low graphic settings, if you still see the issue, its not that.

IMO its your monitor, even though you did use another, i think you're just sensitive to it. Are you able to test with a 100hz or 144hz monitor?

Reactions: darknightbacca1

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I really don't see what you're talking about except maybe a little in the last video probably because you're recording it off your monitor.

The easiest way to test if its a hardware problem is to play one of your more detailed games with low graphic settings, if you still see the issue, its not that.

IMO its your monitor, even though you did use another, i think you're just sensitive to it. Are you able to test with a 100hz or 144hz monitor?

I've tested it on lower settings and it's still there but it's less noticeable and better, and simple games that don't have that great graphics it's alot less noticeable but as i said it's something most people don't notice, i notice it because my pc is damaged and sort of "amplifies it" but games do slightly change feel it's just so barely noticeable you won't be able to see it, i spoke with a game developer a while ago and thats what he told me, not entirely sure if it's true or not but i believe it. i honestly don't know how you can't see it though

In the videos, i look at one area in a circle, i can clearly see it is Fluid, i look in the other i can see it slows down and becomes sluggish / choppy but it is 100% there.

It's seeming to me as though rendering in games is broken, atleast that's my guess, the higher the resolution, the graphics, the more noticeable it gets and the more sluggish, slow & choppy it gets.

Also i cannot test with a 100hz or 144hz monitor, only have a 60hz.

If it was just me then why would i not see it on youtube videos, other peoples gameplay footage, and why didn't i notice it before my ssd failed and it all started, meaning it can't be me and it has to be the computer, unless i can see through the matrix, see things other people can't see xD.

Not to mention my new cpu & gpu compared to my old cpu & gpu seem a little smoother and less choppy, making it definitely seem like damage being caused by other components over time, or at once, but then again that could just be because my CPU is much faster and high-end.

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
A faster CPU will help. Videos perform on screen differently than rendered games, they will look smooth because they will play at the rate recorded.

Try turning vsync on in your games see how it looks.

I'd bet money with a high refresh rate gaming monitor you wouldn't see the issue. I'm not saying to go out and buy one, but maybe if you have a sympathetic shop in your area you can drag your rig over there to try it.

You really didn't damage anything. If you did games would be crashing, you would see artifacts or weird colors on screen, etc.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
A faster CPU will help. Videos perform on screen differently than rendered games, they will look smooth because they will play at the rate recorded.

Try turning vsync on in your games see how it looks.

I'd bet money with a high refresh rate gaming monitor you wouldn't see the issue. I'm not saying to go out and buy one, but maybe if you have a sympathetic shop in your area you can drag your rig over there to try it.

You really didn't damage anything. If you did games would be crashing, you would see artifacts or weird colors on screen, etc.

tried vsync, its worse, but you see why i cant fix it now, because nothing seems wrong, but something is, i'm not just seeing things, and even with a high refresh rate monitor the issue would most likely still be there, this issue DID NOT happen before my ssd failed, if i was seeing things then why would i start one day out of nowhere.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
tried vsync, its worse, but you see why i cant fix it now, because nothing seems wrong, but something is, i'm not just seeing things, and even with a high refresh rate monitor the issue would most likely still be there, this issue DID NOT happen before my ssd failed, if i was seeing things then why would i start one day out of nowhere.

Maybe for some reason you didn't notice before. I think you will see a difference using a higher rate monitor, but hopefully someone else who does see the issue sees this thread. Whatever you do stop spending money on parts until you have a clearer path.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Maybe for some reason you didn't notice before. I think you will see a difference using a higher rate monitor, but hopefully someone else who does see the issue sees this thread. Whatever you do stop spending money on parts until you have a clearer path.

Clearer path is the way im heading atm, and i cannot get that monitor unfortunately, but i've been gaming for nearly 9 years and i am sure that something dosen't feel right and that something is broken, when i got my new cpu & gpu i put them into my motherboard and was planning on putting them into a brand new one i got the other day.

It's the Msi B450 gaming pro carbon ac, a great motherboard but i'm afraid if i pop my new parts into it it might damage the board, or possibly the psu i'm using has been damaging the parts i've been putting in, so it's risky.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Clearer path is the way im heading atm, and i cannot get that monitor unfortunately, but i've been gaming for nearly 9 years and i am sure that something dosen't feel right and that something is broken, when i got my new cpu & gpu i put them into my motherboard and was planning on putting them into a brand new one i got the other day.

It's the Msi B450 gaming pro carbon ac, a great motherboard but i'm afraid if i pop my new parts into it it might damage the board, or possibly the psu i'm using has been damaging the parts i've been putting in, so it's risky.

Again nothing is broken. NOTHING. I am 100% sure you do not have something physically broken that is damaging anything.

You have some sort of software or configuration or compatibility issue at best. If there is something physically wrong its maybe with your ram or gpu and neither one is going to damage anything else.

Really the only part of your computer that when failing can break other things, is your PSU, and you have a brand new excellent quality PSU, thats not your problem. If stuff were "breaking" you would be having far more catastrophic failures (crashes, weird stuff on screen etc). Not minor nearly invisible framerate hitches.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Again nothing is broken. NOTHING. I am 100% sure you do not have something physically broken that is damaging anything.

You have some sort of software or configuration or compatibility issue at best. If there is something physically wrong its maybe with your ram or gpu and neither one is going to damage anything else.

Really the only part of your computer that when failing can break other things, is your PSU, and you have a brand new excellent quality PSU, thats not your problem. If stuff were "breaking" you would be having far more catastrophic failures (crashes, weird stuff on screen etc). Not minor nearly invisible framerate hitches.

I've read on a ton of forums people saying that a damaged motherboard damaging other components is possible, hence why i was worried.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I've read on a ton of forums people saying that a damaged motherboard damaging other components is possible, hence why i was worried.

Sure I mean if you somehow fried the VRMs or physically damaged some caps, or shorted the board out. But these are extreme situations. And all of them would result in the system not booting at all or crashing repeatedly and quickly.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Sure I mean if you somehow fried the VRMs or physically damaged some caps, or shorted the board out. But these are extreme situations. And all of them would result in the system not booting at all or crashing repeatedly and quickly.

Alright if it was a software or a compatibility issue and not hardware related i will fix it, but as i've said i have tried literally everything, there's not much else for me to try to fix this, anyway i've got a really good motherboard i can put my parts in, do you think it's safe to do so because i am still worried that my parts may damage it in someway, and that's a risk if so.

One thing i forgot about, when i don't have my drivers installed for my graphics card and am using default display drivers my whole pc is laggy as hell, whatever controls display drivers may be the source as it has the most lag in windows.

Look something here is broken i can feel it, i've been gaming for so long and i remember how it was before, nearly the same feel everywhere, i can see what it use to be on videos, other peoples computers that are all running 60fps, it has to be the computer you may not be able to see it but it's 100% there i know it is.

I just need to know what is wrong with it in order to fix it and to know that i need to know what parts could even cause it, it's not fps or performance im talking about so that'd rule out the cpu and gpu possibly, it's more like windows is sluggish, games are sluggish everything is sluggish and not fluid, something is wrong here.

Now since your saying that my motherboard can't damage my components unless under extreme circumstances then it's safe to say my cpu & gpu are safe and so is my motherboard

leaving my ram, hdd/ssd's and psu as the culprits, i mean for all we know it could be the power supply causing this the whole time, it's going across each motherboard and is supplying power so one wrong thing with it could cause sluggish performance across the entire computer.

i'm not basing anything on logic anymore that went away the second i couldn't fix my computer, all i've got now is theories and if you can tell me what does what and what things can't do i can get to the bottom of this.

I presume you know alot and can hopefully answer these questions

1 - what does each part in a computer do via fps, rendering, e.t.c and what would happen if a chip, a capacitor and traces were damaged
2 - if any part of a graphics card or cpu were damaged would it still function the same, start exhibiting symptoms, would it work correctly without all it's capacitors, traces or chips or would it fail.
3 - a motherboard controls the voltages that go through each component right, so if it's "controls" were damaged from a power supply then the voltages going through the cpu, gpu and ram would be all over the place, what would happen if that happened
4 - a power supply has alot of components in it if one or multiple were damaged would it start exhibiting symptoms, work without the parts, not be able to regulate voltages correctly, but ultimately would it still work or fail horribly?

those are the main questions i need answered in order to figure this out.

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its completely safe to try a different motherboard, at this point you have nothing to lose.

And yes default display drivers are ALWAYS gonna drag like that.

1. Errors, crashes, non running system would happen if there was ANY damage. Computers and all their parts are binary, it either works or it doesn't. If a signal or power isn't getting somewhere then some something that expects it is going to miss it, and it will either crash or just error, or error and crash.

2. If they were damage they would exhibit strange behavior. CPU wise you'd get errors and crashes, or really strange behavior (like half your ram would not work is common). GPU wise same, it would crash or give you errors, OR you would see strange but major graphical issues (graphics looking completely messed up with wrong textures, black blotches on screen, colored lines on screen, black bars on screen, VERY visible issues)

3. Again crashes and errors. The Voltages needed are VERY tight and specific, too high and the components fry in short order, too low and then see my answer to question 1. Crashes and errors.

4. Fail horribly. And probably damage the rest of your equipment with it.

Now lets go over what can cause lag/stuttering:

- CPU too slow for GPU (you don't have that problem)

- GPU too slow for CPU (you also don't have that problem)

- Network issues (if playing online, but this is not your problem if it happens in not online games)

- Ram too slow (Ryzen specific issue - maybe your issue because Ryzen really needs 3000mhz memory minimum for best performance. I don't want to tell you to go out and buy new ram, but I'd never build a Ryzen system with 2400mhz ram).

- SSD or HDD too slow (if something is grinding away at your drive while you're game playing it can at a minimum increase your load times, but in game you'd usually notice this by brief pauses or textures loading slow or not at all, or if you just have a crap SSD)

- Slow monitor (60 hz office monitors with slow response times, do exactly what you are describing while gaming)

Before going out and buying anything is your framerate stable (and by stable I mean have you downloaded MSI afterburner or similar and reviewed a telemetry session that shows your framerate not spiking up and down on a chart). In this review how is your CPU and GPU useage (100% , 50%, what?) . Show me the correlation between the two.

If you're insistent on the monitor not being the problem then maybe its the Ram, but first make sure in your BIOS the ram is even running at 2400mhz. If its at 2133mhz then its running even slower than it was before you started having this issue.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Its completely safe to try a different motherboard, at this point you have nothing to lose.

And yes default display drivers are ALWAYS gonna drag like that.

1. Errors, crashes, non running system would happen if there was ANY damage. Computers and all their parts are binary, it either works or it doesn't. If a signal or power isn't getting somewhere then some something that expects it is going to miss it, and it will either crash or just error, or error and crash.

2. If they were damage they would exhibit strange behavior. CPU wise you'd get errors and crashes, or really strange behavior (like half your ram would not work is common). GPU wise same, it would crash or give you errors, OR you would see strange but major graphical issues (graphics looking completely messed up with wrong textures, black blotches on screen, colored lines on screen, black bars on screen, VERY visible issues)

3. Again crashes and errors. The Voltages needed are VERY tight and specific, too high and the components fry in short order, too low and then see my answer to question 1. Crashes and errors.

4. Fail horribly. And probably damage the rest of your equipment with it.

Now lets go over what can cause lag/stuttering:

- CPU too slow for GPU (you don't have that problem)

- GPU too slow for CPU (you also don't have that problem)

- Network issues (if playing online, but this is not your problem if it happens in not online games)

- Ram too slow (Ryzen specific issue - maybe your issue because Ryzen really needs 3000mhz memory minimum for best performance. I don't want to tell you to go out and buy new ram, but I'd never build a Ryzen system with 2400mhz ram).

- SSD or HDD too slow (if something is grinding away at your drive while you're game playing it can at a minimum increase your load times, but in game you'd usually notice this by brief pauses or textures loading slow or not at all, or if you just have a crap SSD)

- Slow monitor (60 hz office monitors with slow response times, do exactly what you are describing while gaming)

Before going out and buying anything is your framerate stable (and by stable I mean have you downloaded MSI afterburner or similar and reviewed a telemetry session that shows your framerate not spiking up and down on a chart). In this review how is your CPU and GPU useage (100% , 50%, what?) . Show me the correlation between the two.

If you're insistent on the monitor not being the problem then maybe its the Ram, but first make sure in your BIOS the ram is even running at 2400mhz. If its at 2133mhz then its running even slower than it was before you started having this issue.

So basically with all that it points to NOTHING be broken, except that dosen't make any logical sense, i mean why do other computers with 60hz monitors run fluidly whereas mine dosen't, even though mine is quite high end, it dosen't track whatsoever, youtube videos, streams, looking at friends gameplay all of it dosen't have my issue on the same Hz, making it incredibly frustrating seeing as how there is no solution to it and no cause or damage. I am stuck in a Paradox with no end.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
So basically with all that it points to NOTHING be broken, except that dosen't make any logical sense, i mean why do other computers with 60hz monitors run fluidly whereas mine dosen't, even though mine is quite high end, it dosen't track whatsoever, youtube videos, streams, looking at friends gameplay all of it dosen't have my issue on the same Hz, making it incredibly frustrating seeing as how there is no solution to it and no cause or damage.

Its hard to compare to your friends systems as unless they are running the exact identical hardware it may be different.

And theres still plenty of things to check, can you follow what i asked you about at the end so we can maybe quantify what you are seeeing on screen? Then we can work from there.

No i don't think anything is "broken" per say, but maybe something is weak.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Its hard to compare to your friends systems as unless they are running the exact identical hardware it may be different.

And theres still plenty of things to check, can you follow what i asked you about at the end so we can maybe quantify what you are seeeing on screen? Then we can work from there.

No i don't think anything is "broken" per say, but maybe something is weak.

Do you know why i considered it being my hardware and replaced alot of things, because i first and foremost tested every software solution i could, it's all up in my main post, as for ram set to 2400 or 2133 either way same problem, no matter what setting i edit or what i do it always persistently stays even though it is not weak, if anything it's very strong with usually a stable 60-120+ fps my whole windows is sluggish as is all my games so it'd not performance related it's something else, i just can't figure out what.

Just incase i went to my bios set it to 2400mhz as i've done in the past and looked at the frequency on CPU-Z it's running at 1200mhz per stick so all g there, however the issue still appears

if my cpu & gpu are indeed not damaged as well as my motherboard that leaves psu, ram or windows / settings as the culprits.

As for the fps check i could do that but i've already done plenty of tests involving msi afterburner, the temperatures stay stable and the fps dosen't spike it stays stable even when transitioning from fluid to sluggish.

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Do you know why i considered it being my hardware and replaced alot of things, because i first and foremost tested every software solution i could, it's all up in my main post, as for ram set to 2400 or 2133 either way same problem, no matter what setting i edit or what i do it always persistently stays even though it is not weak, if anything it's very strong with usually a stable 60-120+ fps my whole windows is sluggish as is all my games so it'd not performance related it's something else, i just can't figure out what.

Just incase i went to my bios set it to 2400mhz as i've done in the past and looked at the frequency on CPU-Z it's running at 1200mhz per stick so all g there, however the issue still appears

if my cpu & gpu are indeed not damaged as well as my motherboard that leaves psu, ram or windows / settings as the culprits.

Ok so again, I'm trying to help you here.

Go back and read my post again. 2400mhz ram is a bit slow for Ryzen, I wouldn't build a system with it.

But before you go spend any money again, please show us some telemetry. I want to see what your system is doing while you are gaming and seeing this issue. Use MSI afterburner.

Also have you done this:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Ok so again, I'm trying to help you here.

Go back and read my post again. 2400mhz ram is a bit slow for Ryzen, I wouldn't build a system with it.

But before you go spend any money again, please show us some telemetry. I want to see what your system is doing while you are gaming and seeing this issue. Use MSI afterburner.

Also have you done this:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

I'll do the telemetry just to show you it is fine, also already disabled anything to do with windows 10's settings that would affect performance, also also i had 2400mhz ram before this issue started and have also tested a different motherboard with a different cpu with different ram and same issue.

You sure this video at the start of my post dosen't cover the telemetry
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxa-uWKxKM

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I'll do the telemetry just to show you it is fine, also already disabled anything to do with windows 10's settings that would affect performance, also also i had 2400mhz ram before this issue started and have also tested a different motherboard with a different cpu with different ram and same issue.

What specifically did you disable in Windows? Also when Windows updates sometimes these things turn themselves back on. Game bar/DVR specifically has been linked to people seeing issues like you describe.

Also test your drives with this

https://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
What specifically did you disable in Windows? Also when Windows updates sometimes these things turn themselves back on. Game bar/DVR specifically has been linked to people seeing issues like you describe.

Also test your drives with this

https://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup.htm

I've disabled game bar in windows 10, game mode, captures, & delivery optimization (to help with ping) but as i've said i've also tested older versions of windows 10 without the annoying updates and also tested windows 7 it all has the same issue, as for drives they are new and 100% health.

for the record i'm not gonna go buying anything else i bought the cpu & gpu as a last measure cause it was the only things that made senseto be the cause of my issue, i was wrong i'll most likely return them.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I've disabled game bar in windows 10, game mode, captures, & delivery optimization (to help with ping) but as i've said i've also tested older versions of windows 10 without the annoying updates and also tested windows 7 it all has the same issue, as for drives they are new and 100% health.

for the record i'm not gonna go buying anything else i bought the cpu & gpu as a last measure cause it was the only things that made senseto be the cause of my issue, i was wrong i'll most likely return them.

OK, please test the drives, or you can continue to dismiss my suggestions. Even new drives can have issues.

Again I'm only trying to help you here.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
OK, please test the drives, or you can continue to dismiss my suggestions. Even new drives can have issues.

Again I'm only trying to help you here.

I know you are and i thank you for that it's just i've done all of what you are suggesting over and over again and come up with the same results, but i will record the telemetry and test the drives just to be 100%