[SOLVED] Issue regarding new monitors

Red-Tail

Honorable
Dec 12, 2016
Hello!

I recently upgraded from a 20 inch 900p monitor to a 24.5 inch 1080p monitor and I've been having an odd issue when it comes to being able to focus on the monitor.

When it's still, I can use it pretty well, but when it comes to games, it's hard to keep my eyes attached to my hand movements and often find myself losing where I moved, as if my eyes get displaced or something. The picture quality is noticeably better than the old 900p monitor (a given) and the motion blur effect is a /lot/ less as well, most notably.

I have my contrast set to 10, my brightness is 50, both are using blue light, black boost is set to 0, and my gamma is set to 2.4. The overdrive on both of these monitors are set to Normal, and the colours are calibrated correctly as well; Is this just a temporary side effect of switching from a notably smaller monitor to a larger resolution and size monitor? I've used the old monitor for at least 6 years, and switching back to the old monitor I noticed it has severe ghosting that I hadn't seen before, almost like motion blur.

I've had someone tell me that my hand-eye coordination is off because of the larger screen difference, which makes sense, and that's whats mostly causing the inability to follow where my hand moves the screen.

It's a pretty big conundrum because I don't really know if it's a monitor-specific issue or if it's a transitional and temporary issue, but it happens with both of the new monitors (I had bought two for a dual-screen setup) and have about 11-12 days of return time left for these if it is infact the monitors themselves causing the issue.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Solution
Side effect would be the wrong word/term. You're not adjusted or accustomed to the new panel. I've had a similar case when I got a larger display, from 17"(boxed panel) to a 23" wide display. It took em a while to get used to the larger panel and I've had to adjust to my gaming habits with the larger panel.

Lutfij

Titan
Side effect would be the wrong word/term. You're not adjusted or accustomed to the new panel. I've had a similar case when I got a larger display, from 17"(boxed panel) to a 23" wide display. It took em a while to get used to the larger panel and I've had to adjust to my gaming habits with the larger panel.

Solution

Red-Tail

Honorable
Dec 12, 2016

Thanks for the feedback, I hope that's just the case. It's really distracting, aha.