[SOLVED] Issue relating to the “wiring in my house is too old” for 50 mbps speeds?

Sep 9, 2019
When the Guy from my ISP came by to upgrade our router and such after switching, he told me my house has “old wiring” making it not suitable for 50 mbps speed. I then got told that 20 is max I can get, I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to this type of stuff, so I didn’t think much of it until I realized when I searched up the issue there was nothing I could find relating to my problem. I thought someone could give me an explanation on this? Thanks y’all.

Solution
Just tell the ISP to run a new line to your house, and your old wiring will be of no consequence. After all you only need one jack to work, and can run ethernet or just use Wifi from there, either of which will support more than 50mbps.

Then they will probably clarify it's not your house wiring but its distance from their exchange (the DSLAM). In other words, their old wiring, not yours.
Just tell the ISP to run a new line to your house, and your old wiring will be of no consequence. After all you only need one jack to work, and can run ethernet or just use Wifi from there, either of which will support more than 50mbps.

Then they will probably clarify it's not your house wiring but its distance from their exchange (the DSLAM). In other words, their old wiring, not yours.

Solution