Question Issue setting up graphics card for second screen via HMDI Cable

spike1947

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Hi there

I have just spent a lot of time and effort fitting a HDMI Cable under my floor boards so that I can send videos etc from my PC to my TV , when I first connected my HDMI cable to my Graphics card on my TV ( my monitor is connected to my graphics card via VGA cable ) .

I got my desktop image but no icons were showing , I messed about with the AMD Catylist Control centre settings , then I got icons showing , but when I come out of the AMD Control Center they did not show and now when I plug in the HDMI cable , then click on a icon it does not load up to a full screen just shows on the bottom task bar , if I hover over the icon then it will show a mini full page obove it .

So I do not know what has happened I can not do any settings with the HDMI cable plugged in because there is no full screen to see anything .

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be , I am thinking of removing the Graphics card uninstalling the AMD Control Center then reistall card etc ! .

cheers

Spike

Hi there

I have just spent a lot of time and effort fitting a HDMI Cable under my floor boards so that I can send videos etc from my PC to my TV , when I first connected my HDMI cable to my Graphics card on my TV ( my monitor is connected to my graphics card via VGA cable ) .

I got my desktop image but no icons were showing , I messed about with the AMD Catylist Control centre settings , then I got icons showing , but when I come out of the AMD Control Center they did not show and now when I plug in the HDMI cable , then click on a icon it does not load up to a full screen just shows on the bottom task bar , if I hover over the icon then it will show a mini full page obove it .

So I do not know what has happened I can not do any settings with the HDMI cable plugged in because there is no full screen to see anything .

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be , I am thinking of removing the Graphics card uninstalling the AMD Control Center then reistall card etc ! .

cheers
Spike

Does not sound like you have any issues at all, you have both screens working. You just need to move anything you want to see on the second screen to that second screen. If you want both to show the same thing, set the display options to duplicate. There are really only 3 options, duplicate, extend and show only one one or the other screen. Should not be too hard to figure out what you need from those options.

What you are showing now is a bit like having two plates, with one fork, then wondering how you can get the fork from one plate to the other. Just pick it up and move it, just like the second screen without icons. Duplicate is like having two forks on each plate that do the exact same thing as the other one.

A lot of people assume that having two screens just means that both will show the same thing, in most cases that is actually the opposite of what people want to accomplish, they want different things showing to have more working space, or having a video or something full screen on one side, and documents, etc.. on the other.