[SOLVED] issue with 5g internet on asus USB-AC68

aunebrushan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
So the thing is, i have two internets, one 2.4ghz with a slower connection and a 5ghz one. I can only get a stable connection with the 2.4ghz one, and it so much slower. The 5g internet works for 1-5 minutes before dissapearing for maybe ten minutes then it reappers and the cycle continues. I don't have a clue what to do and it is not to say the least frustrating. I might send this thing back. So does anyone know if there is something that can be done?

Solution
That adapter is considered one of the best available. Now the one you have could be defective but that is not very likely.

Wifi has so many things that can affect it. Your problems could be your house or maybe your neighbors wifi use. This make predicting how well any wifi equipment will work impossible.

I would sit close to the router to see what best case performance rates should look like. If it still has issues then you might have defective unit.

There are very few things you can change on wifi. Maybe try a different channel on the 5g radio on your router. Maybe different a different radio frequency will pass thought he wall better.....not real likely but there is not much else you can change.

kanewolf

Titan
So the thing is, i have two internets, one 2.4ghz with a slower connection and a 5ghz one. I can only get a stable connection with the 2.4ghz one, and it so much slower. The 5g internet works for 1-5 minutes before dissapearing for maybe ten minutes then it reappers and the cycle continues. I don't have a clue what to do and it is not to say the least frustrating. I might send this thing back. So does anyone know if there is something that can be done?
5Ghz signals don't penetrate obstructions as well as 2.4Ghz. It is quite common to have lower signal from 5Ghz. It is also quite possible, that your WIFI can't get BACK to the router, even if you can receive signal.
What do you have for a WIFI adapter on your PC?

aunebrushan

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
5Ghz signals don't penetrate obstructions as well as 2.4Ghz. It is quite common to have lower signal from 5Ghz. It is also quite possible, that your WIFI can't get BACK to the router, even if you can receive signal.
What do you have for a WIFI adapter on your PC?
One more thing, this is supposed to be a powerful wifi adapter, previously i used a netgear A6100, which is like one of the cheapest adapters out there. I never had issues with this, i am currently using this cause it can actually keep a connection to my 5G internet, but the download speed is 5 times slower, but it does not disconnect, at all.

kanewolf

Titan
One more thing, this is supposed to be a powerful wifi adapter, previously i used a netgear A6100, which is like one of the cheapest adapters out there. I never had issues with this, i am currently using this cause it can actually keep a connection to my 5G internet, but the download speed is 5 times slower, but it does not disconnect, at all.
When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking this was about the AC68U router. But obviously, that is not the case. What router are you trying to connect to with the USB AC68 ???

That adapter is considered one of the best available. Now the one you have could be defective but that is not very likely.

Wifi has so many things that can affect it. Your problems could be your house or maybe your neighbors wifi use. This make predicting how well any wifi equipment will work impossible.

I would sit close to the router to see what best case performance rates should look like. If it still has issues then you might have defective unit.

There are very few things you can change on wifi. Maybe try a different channel on the 5g radio on your router. Maybe different a different radio frequency will pass thought he wall better.....not real likely but there is not much else you can change.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS