Question Issue with AIO fan RGB syncing

gb24

Prominent
Jun 14, 2023
Hey everyone,

In this past week I've upgraded CPU, motherboard, RAM and a new CPU cooler - H100x RGB elite 240mm. My problem is with the fan RGB on the radiator fans, one of them isn't synced with the rest of the system.

I've tried all orientations on the RGB splitter that came with the cooler, and one of the two AIO fans are out of sync, then somewhere when booting into Windows 11 they swap over to the configuration in the picture above. I ended up frying the RGB on the first fan by plugging it directly into the 12v header (oops), but the replacement fan is doing the same thing. I've tried messing with all the RGB on/off/stealth mode settings in the bios, hoping on/off might fix it and it hasn't. I've tried the other 3 pin RGB headers for the splitter on the motherboard to no avail. I updated my BIOS right as I installed it so I'm on version 3035 (don't fancy trying the beta version).

It seems like the motherboard thinks the AIO fans are on opposite sides of the PC and one fan is supposed to continue from the other, but they go through one RGB header so I'm unsure if that's possible.

I've been using Armoury Crate for RGB control.

All in all I don't really know what else to try, I'd be very grateful for any help, cheers.

Specs: TUF GAMING B650-E WiFi, R7 7800X3D, RTX 4070, 2x16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance RGB 6000 MT/s, CX 750M PSU, H100x RGB ELITE 240mm AIO, Windows 11

Lutfij

Titan
In this past week I've upgraded CPU, motherboard, RAM and a new CPU cooler
Did you reinstall your OS after the platform migration?

I ended up frying the RGB on the first fan by plugging it directly into the 12v header (oops),
That might've fried your RGB controller then, since you said it was a 12V header. RGB headers are 12V, ARGB headers are 5V.

gb24

Prominent
Jun 14, 2023
In this past week I've upgraded CPU, motherboard, RAM and a new CPU cooler
Did you reinstall your OS after the platform migration?

I ended up frying the RGB on the first fan by plugging it directly into the 12v header (oops),
That might've fried your RGB controller then, since you said it was a 12V header. RGB headers are 12V, ARGB headers are 5V.
Ah I should've explained it better! So the there's a splitter cable that connects the fans + pump to the same 3 pin ARGB connector, that was never plugged into the 12V 4 pin (I don't think the connector would fit anyways iirc).

I unplugged the fan I thought was misbehaving from the splitter and straight into the 4 pin 12V on the mobo, it made a dodgy sound and the fan was static red/yellow afterwards.

The behaviour is the same before that incident and after with the new fan.

Also yes I fresh installed Windows 11 right after the BIOS update finished.

TRENDING THREADS