Issue with ASrock m3a770de and eSATA

timmytucker718

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
So I've been having problems since the start. Built this computer a week ago. When I first turned it on, the eSATA drive was not working... the HD worked in USB, but was not being detected by the bios through the eSATA port. I tried installing the driver CD... nothing on the CD really seemed relevant to the issue, but after the CD was installed, the drive appeared through eSATA! Great, it works.

For 2 days. Then it stopped being detected. I tried changing to AHCI mode. This worked for about 2 hours, after which it was no longer being detected in Windows or the BIOS again! Dammit!

Now, the problem is the same with my girlfriends external HD, and another eSATA cord. I'm almost sure it is the motherboard. There is one thing that is interesting:

When I try to boot up with my external drive plugged into the computer through the eSATA port while in AHCI mode, it hangs before getting to Windows installation. It won't even let me enter the BIOS. If I plug in the eSATA drive while in the BIOS, it starts to get EXTREMELY slow. Changing from option to option takes 5 seconds, and the screen loads really really slowly.

Is my motherboard fucked? Or is there some sort of way I could fix this?