Sep 13, 2020
SPECS:

GTX 1070

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Samsung 970 EVO SSD

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz

1x16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz

They've all worked harmoniously for the past few years but until recently I've been having issues with booting on my SSD. It's hit or miss sometimes when I boot my pc it's stuck at a black screen. I assume it's trying to boot off my HDD but my SSD is detected when I boot BIOS and Windows Reinstall

My BIOS is also corrupted, there is lining artifacts and the language after trying to navigate always changes to chinese then freezes. I do not know what could have caused this as I flashed my BIOS without any issues and was fine until now When I click the CMOS button on my motherboard and boot it the SSD isn't available.

If someone thinks they know what is wrong with my PC from reading what I've described I would be grateful if you could help.

I'll try to supply photos

Rqliks

Commendable
Sep 13, 2020
MY SSD Size is 500GB in total and currently has 371GB free

I've wiped it multiple times to try and fix the issue

When I install windows it shows up as a device to install to, but has difficulty booting up for some reason

The only visible change from normal at boot is the size of the MSI Logo at boot
The quality is decreased and more zoomed in

My BIOS also seems to be corrupted in some way as described in the original post

And how would you go about collecting Reliability History, error codes, warnings, and information events

Also Thanks :)

Ralston18

Titan
In the "Type here to search box" enter either Reliability History or Event Viewer.

Reliability History is more user friendly and easier to work through. Right-clicking entries will provide more information.

And, after reading back, with the system being several years old - has the CMOS battery ever been replaced?

Rqliks

Commendable
Sep 13, 2020
Follow up to my thread issue has be resolved..... for now

I just left my computer on for about 1 week straight only putting it to sleep
and I can boot fine and bios is longer corrupt
literally fixed itself... weird