Question Issue with choke in CS

Feb 20, 2019
Hello, guys! I'm facing a terrible issue while playing CS. I haven't tried wether it exists in csgo aswell, but whenever I face an enemy and I start shooting, my choke and ms are jumping up and it seems like I cant hit it, to be more specific I am hitting the enemy but kinda the server does not register the hit, my recoil is kinda broken when that starts. The choke spikes are 1-10, tried different servers, rates are 100k, 101, 101, download and upload 95 megabits, my internet is absolutely perfect, no packet loss, nothing. Stopped firewall, windows updates, everything but still the same result. I have 5ms ping in all servers in my country, and 10-30ms in the rest of the european servers. What is noticed recently, is that if I play with fps_override 1, because I have 144hz monitor, the choke jumps more often if that matters, but I am stuck with 100fps, no override and 120hz. So, please help me fix this annoying problem of mine, thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 14196

Please share your complete system specifications with us because this certainly sounds like a hardware problem or a driver issue

Feb 20, 2019
Well, since I am retro maniac and I use a very old pc for 1.6, here are the specs:

MB: Jetway Bi-100
CPU: Celeron E3300 2.5@3.5
RAM: 4x1GB DDR2 800@900MHZ
VC: 7900GS 256mb @ stock
PSU: Fortron 400W

I have a laptop with i5 and gtx1050 but I can't get used to it for 1.6, that's why I use the old pc, which brings me back the memories about the game I love so much. Recently I changed my ISP, the old one had packet loss but no choke at all, this one is perfect, 100/100 dl ul, no loss, but still something chokes. The router is Asus RT-N12+, addes limits to the other devices like phones and TV to 10mb dl/ul with the QoS to them, and no limit on the PC. I'm using Windows 7 on the pc, installed like 2 or 3 months ago, dont remember exactly. The monitor is 144hz, 1ms, Freesync, I use it also on the laptop when I play CS:GO, but I haven't played it thesedays.

Rates ingame are:
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 105
rate 100000

Tried to lower them but still the same. Tried different resolutions - same result. I have tried almost everything, dunno what to do more.

D

Deleted member 14196

As a test play CS go on the laptop and see if your delays are still happening if not it’s your other PC and if so it’s got to be your ISP or your networking hardware

Feb 20, 2019
Yep, it chokes again a little, 1-10 like in 1.6, but in CSGO it might be becuase of the little higher ping - 30-50ms and the 128tick, in 1.6 I play in servers in my country where my ping is 3-10, also the servers run on 10k fps.

TRENDING THREADS