[SOLVED] Issue with Connecting 7" Screen with HDMI

Jan 13, 2022
I have an MSI Z590 Tomohawk motherboard, which has an integrated graphics chip with outputs for HDMI and Display Port. I have a GTX PCIE graphics card installed in the system, which I use for my primary displays. I have an 11th Gen Intel CPU, which I confirmed that it supports integrated graphics.

I'm trying to connect a small 7" screen as a sensor panel directly to the motherboard as I'm already using the HDMI on the graphics card for another display. I know that you generally have to enable an option in the BIOS to enabled the on-board graphics chip and I can see the option in the MSI BIOS - 'Advanced / Integrated Graphics Configuration'. The option for 'IDG Multi-Monitor' was not enabled, so I enabled that. I kept the option for 'Initiate Graphics Adapter' set to 'PEG' as I would be using the GTX card as primary.

When booting into Windows, the HDMI screen isn't detected. I know that there isn't any issue with the 7" screen as I tested this by connecting it to another device. I also removed the GTX PCIE card and connected the 7" screen directly to the motherboards HDMI port and booted into the BIOS and it displayed OK on that screen.

Clearly I'm missing a configuration option somewhere. Any ideas?

Solution
Figured it out. Looks like the Intel grpahics card drivers hadn't been installed. Windows update didn't detect them automatically and neither did it when trying to do a manual update via device manager. So, I just went to the MSI website and looked for the drivers there.

Found them. Installed. Screen now detected.

Solved.
Jan 13, 2022
Figured it out. Looks like the Intel grpahics card drivers hadn't been installed. Windows update didn't detect them automatically and neither did it when trying to do a manual update via device manager. So, I just went to the MSI website and looked for the drivers there.

Found them. Installed. Screen now detected.

Solved.

Solution