Question Issue with DisplayPort not working ?

deeplearner

Reputable
Sep 27, 2018
I recently bought a new Samsung S28AG70 4k monitor and connected it to my PC via displayport on my RTX 2080 Ti. When I turn the computer on it's as if it doesn't realize there's a monitor connected and my monitor will display 'no input signal' and turn off. If I connect the monitor to an HDMI port on the video card it works fine. Additionally, if I turn the PC on and log in with HDMI and then I unplug the HDMI and connect the monitor via display port it will then work. I have no idea why it will not work if I boot the computer with displayport connection. I previously had a dual monitor setup and would use a displayport to HDMI converter cable to display on my older monitor and at that time had no issues with booting the computer and using the displayport output on the Gfx card. I no longer use this converter cable.

The other weird thing my computer does is when I launch it, it doesn't go straight to Windows. It always launches to BIOS. I have to close out of BIOS to then launch the computer. I don't know why it does this, but could this possibly have something to do with why it doesn't recognize display port?

Things I have tried so far:

1- Trying a new display port cable.
2- Completely wiping the computer clean and doing a factory reset of windows via cloud installation.
3- Uninstalling and doing a clean re-install of the latest NVIDIA driver.
4- connected the new monitor to a different computer with displayport and it works fine.

I am confident it's not an issue with the monitor nor the cable. It does not seem to be an issue with the gfx card because after the computer is launched if I connect display port it will work fine. I feel like it has something to do with my computer launching to BIOS and not recognizing display port initially perhaps? I don't understand though why it recognizes HDMI just fine at launch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
I recently bought a new Samsung S28AG70 4k monitor and connected it to my PC via displayport on my RTX 2080 Ti. When I turn the computer on it's as if it doesn't realize there's a monitor connected and my monitor will display 'no input signal' and turn off. If I connect the monitor to an HDMI port on the video card it works fine. Additionally, if I turn the PC on and log in with HDMI and then I unplug the HDMI and connect the monitor via display port it will then work. I have no idea why it will not work if I boot the computer with displayport connection. I previously had a dual monitor setup and would use a displayport to HDMI converter cable to display on my older monitor and at that time had no issues with booting the computer and using the displayport output on the Gfx card. I no longer use this converter cable.

The other weird thing my computer does is when I launch it, it doesn't go straight to Windows. It always launches to BIOS. I have to close out of BIOS to then launch the computer. I don't know why it does this, but could this possibly have something to do with why it doesn't recognize display port?

Things I have tried so far:

1- Trying a new display port cable.
2- Completely wiping the computer clean and doing a factory reset of windows via cloud installation.
3- Uninstalling and doing a clean re-install of the latest NVIDIA driver.
4- connected the new monitor to a different computer with displayport and it works fine.

I am confident it's not an issue with the monitor nor the cable. It does not seem to be an issue with the gfx card because after the computer is launched if I connect display port it will work fine. I feel like it has something to do with my computer launching to BIOS and not recognizing display port initially perhaps? I don't understand though why it recognizes HDMI just fine at launch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Those dubious features.
Did you do CLEAR CMOS?
If you did and it didn't really work, it's a bizarre case that you managed to unlock.