Question Issue with front USB ports ?

Perene

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
I have been experiencing disconnections while plugging an iPAD and Kindle Paperwhite, in my front USB ports. This is an old i7 4770 CPU with a supposedly new-working fine H81T motherboard (AIDA says it's a "Lynx Point"), identified here as Bluecase BMBH81-T.

What I don't think is happening is OS error, in this case Windows 10. I noticed that if I plug between the device's cable and my USB port a hub like this:

There will be no disconnection. Why is that?

Is there a way to really check the health of a USB port, or perhaps change some BIOS setting that would avoid completely these timeouts? Something fishy is going on. It may also be device related, because pendrives can be used with no issues.

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 are you on? As for your BIOS, does the motherboard have any BIOS updates pending? Speaking of motherboard, did you manually source and install the chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

FYI, hubs like the one you've linked aren't designed robustly, which could explain the intermittent disconnects. I would also prefer to work with a standalone cable for each device as opposed to using a hub.

TRENDING THREADS