[SOLVED] Issue with G.Skill Ripjaws 4 RAM

vandalblue

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone! i have a big issue with my rams, well, i have a 4x4 memory kit, g.skill ripjaws 4, 16 gb total.

The issue is, since i bought them (6 years ago) i always had problems with systems recognizing them, first with my x99 build, needed to play with all four modules and change their order to make them work properly, same issue with my Ryzen x370 build, again, time to play with the order, again and again till the motherboard accepted them (sometimes no dual channel, or just 7,8 gb available for use)

Recently changed to a i7-12700F/asus Tuf B660-m plus d4, this time the system just nopes the modules, i can only use 1 (last slot B2, and only this slot) but putting another the system just doesn't post, it just fail to recognize another module, just one, no mather what, no mather the order, not even playing with the modules to make the system recognize them.

The asus QVL says that the ram kit is perfectly compatible (F4-3000C15Q-16GRK)

So, i'm doing wrong something? bad ram? (maybe bad ram, because i always had problems with them)

I just, would like to troubleshoot this, as i wouldn't like to buy another kit of ram and still getting this issue.

Thanks you

Solution
Open an incident with g.skil ram support.
Their ram should have a lifetime warranty.

Often ram issues are caused by a bent pin in the cpu socket.
It is all too easy to do if you wiggled the chip around to seat it.

Test each stick individually.
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Check your motherboard manual how you should populate the RAM when you only use one RAM stick. Test every stick in that slot, see if PC boots and works. If it doesn't on some RAM sticks, most likely those are bad. Sounds to me like you've had 1-2 bad sticks this whole time.

vandalblue

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
Check your motherboard manual how you should populate the RAM when you only use one RAM stick. Test every stick in that slot, see if PC boots and works. If it doesn't on some RAM sticks, most likely those are bad. Sounds to me like you've had 1-2 bad sticks this whole time.

Well, maybe, for noe if i put all 4 sticks i got an infinite on/off loop, also, when using one stick i got 3,95 gb recognized, also sometimes on the other systems, i got 7,5 gb of 16 installed (usable), at least on the old system these rams worked, take some hours to post and playing with the ram sticks to make it post, but with this motherboard i can't use more than 1 stick

Open an incident with g.skil ram support.
Their ram should have a lifetime warranty.

Often ram issues are caused by a bent pin in the cpu socket.
It is all too easy to do if you wiggled the chip around to seat it.

Test each stick individually.
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS