Question Issue with GPU Crashing

Quasii

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Hey I have been having an issue with my GPU crashing(or so I think that is what is happening) I will be playing a game and the screen goes black. I ran memtest86 to check ram and CPU and everything passed. I ran a few different tests on OCCT and haven't ran into any issues. But when running Mount and Blade: Bannerlord for example even when its just sitting there not doing anything after a few minutes the screen will go black but everything else is running Keyboard lighting up. Fans running and everything. I ran the Unigine Haven Benchmark and ran fine for a few hours then screen went black. Is there a way to check GPU event logs to see if it is the GPU crashing or if it is loosing power or anything?

Specs:
MoBo: ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Ram: 2x 8GB PC4-25600 DDR4 SDRAM Team Group TEAMGROUP-UD$-3200
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX Vega 56 GAMING OC
PSU: EVGA 750 G3

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Source the latest GPU driver for your GPU from AMD's support site, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot into Safe Mode an reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Quasii

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks for the response! PSU is roughly 4-5 years old, bios version is showing as X470 Taichi Ultimate P1.50, Windows version is 20H2. Just reinstalled newest drivers and will run some more benchmark tests and let you know how it goes

Edit: Issue still persists. Had Mount and Blade: Bannerlord sitting at the main menu and after about 10-15 minutes the monitors lost signal

Last edited:

Quasii

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Update: Tried running Fortnite since it isn't as graphically intensive and was able to play for a few hours on medium graphics with no crashing but as soon as switched to high graphics about 10 mins in both monitors went black