Issue with GPU Fan Speed

Nov 1, 2018
Hey, I've been having an issue with the GPU in the PC I purchased back in July. Here's a link to it's store page:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/507837/pavilion-790-0031-gaming-desktop-computer

The specific card in this pc is GTX 1050ti 4gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 with a single fan

Over the past 3 weeks the GPU fan in my PC has been alot louder than usual and seems to be causing my entire PC to vibrate. What it sounds like to me is the fan going faster than normal while just idle, even though MSI is controlling the fan and is showing it as only going at 28% speed. My idle temperatures range from 27 to 32, so it isn't that it's overheating. I should also mention MSI doesn't display the RPM of my fan, it just seems to be 0.

The weird thing is, afterburner's fan curve still seems to function and raises the fan speeds when the PC heats up. After sitting at 60-70% speed for a few minutes, the fan goes back to being silent. It doesn't turn off or lower in speed, it just goes back to being as quiet as it was before this issue started. After the speed returns back to 28, it stays silent for a few minutes after until it begins to get loud again and the case starts vibrating. I thought maybe it was to do with the card getting warm, but it does the same thing if I manually change the fan speed to 60%+ while idle.

I checked to see if there was dust or if the fan might be loose but found nothing. I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version but the issue persists. At this point I'm getting anxious to even boot the PC up because I keep fearing the worst and that the GPU might give out.

I hope someone here can help me at least solve what might be causing this issue. Thanks for your time.

(Also I apologize if this is in the wrong section or if I sound stupid at all, it's the first time actually posting here and this seemed like it was an issue with the graphics card)