Issue with HDMI cabel and monitor signal

Tehpowa

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hi.

Today I switched my very old VGA cable with a new HDMI to connect monitor with my PC. Everything is working ok but there is a minor issue. If my PC goes to sleep state, my monitor will go to standby as well. Before it does it will show a blue screen and say "HDMI no signal" as it did with VGA cable where it said "VGA no signal".

However when I turn the PC on, the monitor won't turn back from the standby. If I turn the monitor off and back on the display will come back.

So basically if I turn my PC on from sleep state and monitor is in standby mode it won't show the screen unless I simply press the monitor power button off/on.

It's a minor issue but does anyone knows how to fix it or what's causing the issue. If I remember correctly there was no such issue with VGA cabel.

Thanks.

Solution
I'm assuming you're using Windows. Windows doesn't play nice with HDMI. I'd recommend using DVI or DisplayPort instead of HDMI.

Here's an older response to this problem that should help:
HDMI was designed for TVs not computers.
HDMI on computer has A LOT of problems for many. It's best to use (and specs wise better too), DVI or DisplayPort.

As your monitor doesn't have DisplayPort, or even DVI, here are your options:
-> Try different graphic card drivers. Go 1, 2 or even 3 version back, until you find one that works. Try also Beta drivers.
-> Use a different graphic card. The problem might be at the graphic card level.
-> Disable auto sleep of the monitor, and turn off the monitor yourself everytime.
-> Hate to say it, use...

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
I'm assuming you're using Windows. Windows doesn't play nice with HDMI. I'd recommend using DVI or DisplayPort instead of HDMI.

Here's an older response to this problem that should help:
HDMI was designed for TVs not computers.
HDMI on computer has A LOT of problems for many. It's best to use (and specs wise better too), DVI or DisplayPort.

As your monitor doesn't have DisplayPort, or even DVI, here are your options:
-> Try different graphic card drivers. Go 1, 2 or even 3 version back, until you find one that works. Try also Beta drivers.
-> Use a different graphic card. The problem might be at the graphic card level.
-> Disable auto sleep of the monitor, and turn off the monitor yourself everytime.
-> Hate to say it, use VGA and corss your fingers that you have a high quality VGA cable, and you live in a low interference area.
-> Hate to say it as well, but change monitors with one with DVI and/or DisplayPort?! :/
~GoodBytes (Source)

Solution