Jan 22, 2022
Hello everyone, this is my fist post.
So before I get into the issue at hand, here is my build specs:
Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair ICUE H110i Cappelix aio
Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming mobo
32gb Corsair Vengeance rgb pro @3600mhz
Evga RTX 3080ti ftw3
9 ql120 fans (bottom 3 intake, side 3 intake, top 3 w/radiator as exhaust)
Lian Li 011 dynamic xl case

Now the issue I am having, is with ICUE software. My cpu temps and my gpu temps are in the normal range. However in ICUE, it makes the led on my aio block turn red because the "Thermal Temps" go up to around 50c after around an hour in gaming.
Any ideas or tips on this?
I contacted Corsair, and they told me that my fan configuration is a great one and I should not change it. My buddy, who builds PC's as a living, told me the same. Is there is a way to get rid of the red led aio block warning or should I be concerned.
I also added a 10th ql120 fan at the back as an extra exhaust, but my temps are not much different at all.
(Edit: My room temp is 69-70f always)

Last edited:
Solution
However in ICUE, it makes the led on my aio block turn red because the "Thermal Temps" go up to around 50c after around an hour in gaming.
That is a reaction to the AIO's liquid temperature. 50C liquid temperature is high.
Corsair designed it to turn red as a warning. When it does get that hot, the pump and fans should be maxing out to try and cool down the liquid.
I guess it's failing to get the heat off the liquid fast enough.

I contacted Corsair, and they told me that my fan configuration is a great one and I should not change it. My buddy, who builds PC's as a living, told me the same.
Does not look that great to me.
1)Corsair QL fans are all bling, and performance almost non-existent. Not...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
However in ICUE, it makes the led on my aio block turn red because the "Thermal Temps" go up to around 50c after around an hour in gaming.
That is a reaction to the AIO's liquid temperature. 50C liquid temperature is high.
Corsair designed it to turn red as a warning. When it does get that hot, the pump and fans should be maxing out to try and cool down the liquid.
I guess it's failing to get the heat off the liquid fast enough.

I contacted Corsair, and they told me that my fan configuration is a great one and I should not change it. My buddy, who builds PC's as a living, told me the same.
Does not look that great to me.
1)Corsair QL fans are all bling, and performance almost non-existent. Not very good as chassis intakes, and definitely not for radiator use.
Can be decent exhaust fans, since the places in a PC that are normally considered for it tend to have the least amount of air resistance.

2)400-500w gpu dumping heat in the PC and some of that heat passing through the top exhaust AIO, while it's also dealing with cooling the cpu.

So, liquid in the AIO just a soakin in heat while gaming, and isn't getting cooled off fast enough.

Move the radiator out of the way of the gpu exhaust - move it to side intake.
Also, put the AIO's original fans back on, as they can actually move some air through the radiator.

Solution