Question Issue with Keyboard and Touchpad after updating to Windows 10

Jun 13, 2019
I upgraded my laptop, Sony Vaio E series, to Windows 10 from Windows 7. After this, the driver for touchpad was not configured. However, the basic cursor movement and clicks worked. I tried installing Synaptics Pointing device driver. Unfortunately, it didn't bring out any changes. So I installed Alps pointing device driver, which was previously the suitable driver for the device. Now, due to the fact that two drivers installed for the same device, there was a conflict, it wanted me to restart. After restarting, specifically, after Windows loading, keyboard and touchpad didn't work. I couldn't understand what a mouse driver can cause harm to keyboard. Please help me with this. I couldn't even login for further to troubleshoot. What can I do further?

Hello

You may want to try to get to Safe Mode and see if the input devices work there. Since neither the keyboard nor mouse are working, you may need to hard reset your computer, and Boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode Externally.

A simpler diagnosis method can be to connect an external USB keyboard and mouse and see if any of them works.

In either case, once your keyboard or mouse starts working, you can go ahead and uninstall the additional driver to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

TRENDING THREADS