[SOLVED] Issue with Memory when trying to add extra to (16Gb) 2x8

teakwondomaster

Commendable
Feb 14, 2018
HI,

I have issues when having to sit an extra (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory Model# CMW16GX4M2Z3200C16 )
the other 16 is also the same brand and modal.
Now what happens is when sit the additional 16 ram I start to get all different types of BSOD, if I run the 16Gb only, no problems at all.

This what I have tried so far,
  • bios updated to the latest
  • checked for bend pins CPU, motherboard, ram, ram slots, all ok.
  • changed the two modules and placing them in the other two which I looked at the MOBO manual and seem to work fine, this is to make sure the slots are working.
  • checked every ram individually and dual all working and Microsoft digonstics has been down and no errors.
Details of the PC BUILD:
CPU: 9900k Intel
Motherboard: Gigbyte Z390 aorus wifi pro
Ram:Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory Model# CMW16GX4M2Z3200C16 + another 16(2x8) same brand
and model.
PSU: thermaltake 750 Bronze
AIO cooler: thermaltake 240 TT

Please if you can help it would be great and thank you in advance.

Solution
Mixing RAM kits is not a good idea, even using a kit with the exact same P/N. DIMM modules are binned after manufacture to match latencies. One set of Timings can differ from the other.

Some strike it lucky however your are taking a gamble and they may work till there comes a time when your system requires more than 16GB and the system crashes due to a mismatch when the other 16GB comes in to play.

Best is to return the new kit and get a matching kit (2x16) 32GB Chosen from the MB QVL. Sell the others or keep them as spares.
Mixing RAM kits is not a good idea, even using a kit with the exact same P/N. DIMM modules are binned after manufacture to match latencies. One set of Timings can differ from the other.

Some strike it lucky however your are taking a gamble and they may work till there comes a time when your system requires more than 16GB and the system crashes due to a mismatch when the other 16GB comes in to play.

Best is to return the new kit and get a matching kit (2x16) 32GB Chosen from the MB QVL. Sell the others or keep them as spares.

Solution