Question Issue with missing Secondary Disk after installing Windows 11

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Hi, so I recently upgraded to windows 11 via formatting my windows installation disk and installing windows there, after installing I was able to load my secondary (D) disk once but after the first restart it could not be seen, the disk is made of 2 disks, I never had issues with them before and could reconnect it in the past just fine, the drives are both new with not much usage seen on them (they are used for storing data).
I was wondering how to fix this, thanks.

Disk Management Screenshot:
View: https://imgur.com/a/CrEvcJw

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Neither is possible because I get an error that says that the program could not run a test on that drive, on the other drive it can, also storage spaces des not show anything.
As mentioned before - one of your 2TB drives has failed. Data on failed drive is gone.
You could probably recover part of your data, that has been stored on your remaining 2TB drive.
Some data recovery software would be required for this. Not sure, what software supports recovery from dynamic disks though.

If you don't need the data, then
delete spanned volume (purple volume), missing disk should disappear from Disk Management,​
convert remaining healthy 2TB drive to basic,​
create a simple volume on it, format and assign drive letter.​
For future - avoid using dynamic disks, spanned/striped volumes and storage spaces.

Last edited: