Question issue with motherboard, potentially cpu

Aug 19, 2022
my specs are as followed:
GTX 1050 Ti
8 gigabytes of ram
ASRock motherboard with AMI Bios
i5 10400 (igpu version)
multiple hard drives and one m.2 slot ssd

I went to open my computer to clean it's insides, after I cleaned the graphics card's fans and cleaned the fans (no liquid was included!), I went to reboot my computer...and nothing, I'm not a tech savvy person so with the help of one of my friends I was able to diagnose an issue, one of the pins seems to have somehow stabbed a part of the contact, it's left some form of debri however I'm fairly certain this isn't a direct stab in the cpu but it has injured the contact just by a little, the cpu when I reinserted it worked fine, it heated up (if this matters, please tell me!), the damage is extremely minimal and I needed to take a very close look, it's not in the middle of the contact and is in the very side of it, anyway, before I brushed the faulty pin off gently with a piece of toilet paper, it would do 5 short beeps, for a few tests (which the monitor didn't react to) the beep went away until I removed it to see if Anything changed, also suspiciously a lot of pins had been bent even before this happened, I managed to bend one pin which I fixed by gently pushing it with an extremely thin screwdriver, again, I'm wondering if this is a motherboard or cpu issue, if you do have any interesting feedback please let me kno, I can't take it to a technician as money right now is extremely hard to come by and I unfortunately was not given the warranty.

Aug 19, 2022
" I reinserted it worked fine, it heated up (if this matters, please tell me!)"
by this by the way I mean that the processor still showed life, it was operating as you'd expect but there was no screen visible on the monitor!

TRENDING THREADS