Question issue with motherboard

Jul 3, 2022
So i changed my thermal paste on my cpu due to it overheating and shutting down.When i was changing the paste i removed cpu from soccet to clean it from old thermal paste.After i changed it and put everything back to way it was my pc would start to boot only to get shut down 3 sec after trying to boot.I gave my pc to pc repair to test parts to see which one is at fault,they said it was motherboard.I think i damaged the pins on soccet when returning the cpu on it.Im not expert on pc building or anything like that.
Motherboard is gigabyte z170 gaming k3.Here is the video of soccet,to me it seems damaged,but i thought to ask someone here who has more knowlage on it to give their opinion on it.
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/726469636

Lutfij

Titan
they said it was motherboard.I think i damaged the pins on soccet when returning the cpu on it.Im not expert on pc building or anything like that.
That video shows a horrific story...you're going to need a new motherboard or you can send the board into repair by your manufacturer but it'll cost you an amount. Might want to contact your seller or Gigabyte if you're in a warranty scheme of sorts though I'm pretty sure the board is beyond your warranty period at this point.

Reactions: Josip53
Jul 3, 2022
they said it was motherboard.I think i damaged the pins on soccet when returning the cpu on it.Im not expert on pc building or anything like that.
That video shows a horrific story...you're going to need a new motherboard or you can send the board into repair by your manufacturer but it'll cost you an amount. Might want to contact your seller or Gigabyte if you're in a warranty scheme of sorts though I'm pretty sure the board is beyond your warranty period at this point.

Thanks for fast reply.Ill probably get new motherboard

TRENDING THREADS