Issue with mouse clicking on its own

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Not sure if this is the best place to put this. I am having issues with my mouse randomly clicking somewhere else. Well not even sure it the mouse. I will be typing something like this then all of a sudden, it will stop typing. The thing is the mouse cursor doesn't move. At first I didn't think this was a big deal but it seems to be doing it more often lately. At first I thought it was an Edge browser issue but also happens on chrome and while playing fps games.

Been playing crysis, not in fullscreen mode and in the middle of it, the mouse clicks somewhere out of game and the game starts to stutter real bad, so soon as I click back in the game, it's fine. Sometimes it will even shut the game down.

I am using a logitech g9 mouse and have reinstalled the drivers and didn't help. I am also using 2 monitors if that makes any difference and have been for a while and never had this issue in the past. Not sure if this is a windows 10 issue or a hardware issue.

Solution
Maybe something is stealing focus

Try doing a clean boot - carefully read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or PC won't boot right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
Use Edge and see if it still happens. If clean boot fixes, slowly add the services and start up programs over a number of restarts and see if you can identify what is causing it.

Funny how your sig has everything except the motherboard mentioned

Colif

Win 11 Master
Maybe something is stealing focus

Try doing a clean boot - carefully read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any Microsoft services or PC won't boot right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
Use Edge and see if it still happens. If clean boot fixes, slowly add the services and start up programs over a number of restarts and see if you can identify what is causing it.

Funny how your sig has everything except the motherboard mentioned

Solution