Not sure if specs matter but i'll put them in here just in case
CPU
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
Motherboard
MSI H81M-E33 (MS-7817)
Graphics
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Gigabyte)
Storage
931GB Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 (SATA (SSD))

I've been having an ongoing issue where my audio is taking up a lot of CPU (mainly Service Host stuff...)
Service Host: Windows Audio End Point Builder (32% of cpu)
Service Host: Windows Local Service (35% of cpu)

In that picture, I don't even have my headphones plugged in.

I've restarted my computer multiple times, I've ran sfc /SCANNOW, but I have no idea what is the issue.

While playing games and sometimes watching videos online, it seems that the computer thinks I'm plugging in a new audio device and switches my game's audio output to the imaginary audio device. The audio starts the stutter because it after a couple of seconds the imaginary audio device disappears and then reappears.

Usually I have to restart my computer to prevent the freezing and high cpu load, but it eventually goes back to the way it was. I disabled the two Service Host applications on the task manager and my cpu load dropped drastically and I had no problems.

Side note : my cpu is running at around 59 - 60 Celsius and I have run malwarebytes and detected nothing.

Even while my headphones are unplugged, in my audio mixer, it shows that a speaker is getting plugged in and out.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022
g1yYwct.png

Jun 20, 2022
Issue still occurring,

when I look at my audio devices, under output, it shows that a disabled device called headphones are being plugged in & out, when in reality I am not doing that. Removing all plugged in devices to my computer doesn't fix the issue, the disabled headphones device still pops up and disappears. High CPU usage like previously, and audio stuttering due to the disabled headphones popping in and out

I had my computer shutdown & when I loaded it up, I noticed an usually high cpu usage (everything running slow). Which is strange because I don't usually have an issue when I fresh reboot, even restarting after noticing the issue did not fix it..