[SOLVED] Issue with my computer : White screen, red screen and no signal

Nov 8, 2021
Hi everyone !

I have an issue with my computer that I recently bought from a friend (old computer, at least 6 years old, gtx 970).

When I'm playing, I have frequently a white screen or a black screen with "no signal", then the computer reboot.

It happened a lot, too much for me to play...

Today, after another reboot, when I turned on the pc again, the screen was red and nothing happened...

Any idea of what is happening ?

PS : Here are the screens of the white and red screen. The black screen with "no signal" is the classic one, when there is no sources plug on the screen.

Red screen : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...-30-819-com-google-android-apps-messaging.jpg

White screen : https://image.noelshack.com/fichier...-30-619-com-google-android-apps-messaging.jpg

I also checked the event log, and it appears that when the reboot occur, it's linked in the event log with an error concerning "nvlddmkm".
Here is the message : "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. "

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Solution
If you install the new gpu drivers and it doesnt help, you can change over to Intel Hd graphics. if the probelm goes away then you know it is your gpu card. One other way to deal with your gpu is to install Msi Afterburner, and use the sliders to lower memory, or core speeds a little at a time to see if you can get it to be stable.
Is your graphics card overclocked? You can try uninstalling the drivers for the gpu, and download and install a new set to see if it clears up the problem. However your gpu may be headed for the garbage can. Also use cpuid hwmonitor and watch the temps for your cpu, gpu while gaming to see if they are overheating.

Nov 8, 2021
Hey, thanks for your quick answer !

My specs :
GTX 970
I7 4770k
8go (2x4) ddr4
1ssd with windows on it
1hdd with everything else

Can't check the motherboard right now, I'm at work

I already checked the temperature and everything is fine (max 80° on the hot spot, something like 70° on average while playing)

The GPU is not overclocked nor the CPU, and I'm on a fresh install of windows.

I'll try to uninstall the gpu's drivers and keep you updated !

If you install the new gpu drivers and it doesnt help, you can change over to Intel Hd graphics. if the probelm goes away then you know it is your gpu card. One other way to deal with your gpu is to install Msi Afterburner, and use the sliders to lower memory, or core speeds a little at a time to see if you can get it to be stable.

Solution