Question Issue with my internet

Mar 3, 2021
Issue with my internet in which when I do a network intensive task, the only thing I can access are google sites.

Hi, I’ve been having major issues with my internet in which I only can access google sites during long/intensive network tasks. I have 1 gigabit internet so I’m not too sure what is causing the problem. I’ve read online about changing the DNS server but it has not worked for me. When the issue occurs, Speedtest won’t even connect to its server and is unable to complete the test. I’m not sure if it’s my ISP or some setting I have to change in my router. I recently upgraded my router so I’m not too sure. If someone can help it will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and use another browser and see if that helps. If the internet on your system is crippled as you've stated regardless of what app/browser, then you might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. Then check to see that you're on the latest version of Windows 10(assuming you're on that OS), then uninstall and reinstall your NIC drivers. Install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Mar 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and use another browser and see if that helps. If the internet on your system is crippled as you've stated regardless of what app/browser, then you might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. Then check to see that you're on the latest version of Windows 10(assuming you're on that OS), then uninstall and reinstall your NIC drivers. Install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Thanks for the reply! What I noticed is my whole internet goes down relating to stuff that isn't google. Using a VPN seems to help but slows down the program I am running network wise. Do you think it may be on the ISP end of things or is it all on me?