Question issue with my SSD NVME

Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

I am new here. I just have this frustrating issue with my Asus B365M-Plus Tuf Gaming board. I went into the bios and set my M2 slots to PCIE, installed my New Sabrent Rocket 512GB
SSD in the M2_1 slot and it is keeping my Sata 1 Drive (the boot drive) from starting. No post nothing, originally my bios had the M2 slots as Auto, but it was doing the same thing, so i read to change it to PCIE and it will not disable SATA1 Drive. But i can't get the damn thing to post or do anything. There is power due to the RGB fans all running. But nothing else.

can someone point me in the right direction. I had to remove the SSD in order for the PC to post....

Reactions: albertc30
Apr 6, 2020
What have you done to the PC recently? Have you just installed this M.2 NVME as a new disk? If so, and as already mentioned above, board usually tend to either share SataPorts 5&6 often, when there are 6 sata ports obviously, or disable them. Just make sure this is not the case.

Apr 6, 2020
I have a TUF B450M-Plus and I have this as a reference on their website;

*1 The M.2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA_5/6 ports, and therefore the SATA_5/6 ports cannot be used when an M.2 device is installed.

However, on your motherboard, this is not mentioned so it seems this is not the case.

Apr 23, 2020
on my B
FOr some reason I cant bring up the Support page for you motherboard.

But check to see if the M.2 slot disables any of the SATA ports, many motherboards do this. If that's the case you will need to move the SATA drive to another SATA port.
On this board according to my manual when I have it on the M2_1 slot as Sata it disables the Sata 1 slot. So I went into the Bios and changed the setting from auto to PCIE.

Apr 23, 2020
Nothing as in the same things happening or the system wont boot? If its the latter you need to change the boot order again since your changed SATA ports.
I had the SSD NVME out of the PC, and the win10 SSD in SATA2, it booted from that position. when I install the NVME in slot 1 of M2, it wont post, boot, nothing. so I am thinking maybe a bad SSD NVME

Apr 23, 2020
Sorry for late update. Had to work today. I moved the Sata ssd back to sata1 on Mb. For <Mod edit for language>'s and giggles moved nvme ssd to m2-02 and turned on PC, same issue will not post nothing. So I am going to return the SSD. Thanks for all your
help.... I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend

Last edited by a moderator: