Issue with NetGear A7000

Jun 21, 2018
So I just bought a Netgear A7000 and have been having a ton of issues with it in gaming. Browsing and Youtube are no problem however I have noticed an unplayable amount of ping spikes on any online game I play. On Netgear genie, it shows I have about 195mbps for around 10-15 seconds, then suddenly it drops down to 48 and then back up again and the cycle repeats.

I have rooted the problem specifically to the adapter, since there have been no issues on any other device, and when I hook up to USB tethering on my phone the connection is stable, Also when connecting to a hotspot on my phone using the adapter the problem is still there.

I've tried disabling the runSW, switching around USB ports, however both of which were unsuccessful. I've updated and downgraded the drivers and the problem either gets worse or doesn't change. I am running out of options here and am close to returning it, since I'm starting to think it might be a hardware or compatibility issue, and I am not really wanting to wait in desperation for an update to fix it if it's a driver issue. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Make sure the device is plugged into a USB 3.0 port if you have one. otherwise, have you tried a different USB port?
Have you made sure to go into your router settings and see that there is no firewall options in place that could be messing with the connectivity of this adapter?