Question Issue with New Graphics Card

Jun 9, 2019
I just finished building a new PC and everything was working other than the graphics card. The build is as follows:

Processor ~ Intel i5-9600K
Mobo ~ Asus Prime Z390-A
Ram ~ Hyper X Predator DDR4 - 2x 8GB
Gaphics ~ Zotac Gaming GeForce 1660 Ti
PSU - EVEA Supernova 750G3

After building it and installing Windows and all the drivers I was having issues with PC blue screening on me before I could finish the driver install. I took out the 1660 Ti and everything seemed fine.

I was able to install and update Windows and all the drivers properly. Then I inserted the 1660 Ti again, installed the drivers, made sure they were all updated and everything seemed to be okay.

I went to plug in a monitor to the GPU instead of the mobo directly and I got BSOD immediately. Then I did a DDU and did a complete fresh re-install of the GPU drivers, made sure they were all up to date again and no BSOD (I did have the monitor unplugged from the GPU during this).

Once again everything was fine, no issues and then as soon as I plugged in a monitor into the GPU it BSOD once again.

I have tried all 3 of my monitors with the Mobo on the new pc and my laptop. There is no issues with any of them.

I am at a loss of what to do and am starting to think I may have just got a faulty graphics card and need to go have it exchanged. Any advice would be great.

Jun 9, 2019
Is the PC powered up and running when you attempt to connect the display to the GPU?

-Wolf sends
I attempted both. Once while it was up and running while there was no issues and once from start up. The one from start up did start up properly but only for about 4-5 seconds once it loaded the 2nd monitor (GPU Monitor) and then BSOD.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Shut down your system.
Connect one display to the graphics card output.
Restart your system.

Does it successfully boot and stay up without issue?

If so, shut down your system
Connect BOTH displays to the graphics card outputs.
Restart your system.

Results?

-Wolf sends

Jun 9, 2019
Shut down your system.
Connect one display to the graphics card output.
Restart your system.

Does it successfully boot and stay up without issue?

If so, shut down your system
Connect BOTH displays to the graphics card outputs.
Restart your system.

Results?

-Wolf sends
Apologies, I was running a Memory Diag Test to make sure there was no issues with the RAM. (There isn't)

I shut down the system with only one monitor plugged in and it was plugged into the GPU, nothing plugged into the mobo display.

It did not stay up without issue.