I have just built a new system with the following specs:

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Corsair CMK 16X4M2B3200C16 Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
XFX RX 5700XT Thicc Ultra III 8GB
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD
650W PSU
Windows 10 Pro

After the build I updated everything with no problem and downloaded a few games and bench mark programs.

PC was on for several hours for downloads with no issues.

Benchmark programs all ran without problems with great scores.

Last night I went online to play Battlefield 5 and after about 15 - 20 mins the screen went to no signal. I had discord running as well and could speak to other people for about 10 seconds after and then nothing. Only option was to do a hard boot.

I then started to monitor this and it happened again and again on BF V.

All fans were still working (to my knowledge) and the GPU and CPU temp at the time of crash was no more than 60c.

All BIOs and drivers are up to date with latest software.

I then switched to playing PUBG Lite which is a much lower demand. this ran fine for a few hours.

Any thoughts?

I am thinking this could either be faulty G card (i.e when stressed for extended period) or power issue from PSU (although 650W should be fine?)

Jan 12, 2020
I should also add nothing in windows event log to indicate a crash. Just entries that relate to the unexpected shutdown I have to perform when doing a hard reboot.

Its a Corsair one. Not 100% sure of the model

Well. not knowing your exact model of PSU is a neglect of information on your part. Without knowing the exact model of your PSU you could either be running a great psu where a psu failure could be counted out as a possible issue, or you could have a terrible model psu that is the cause of the issue.

Figure out the model of the PSU and report back.

EDIT: Just to add, if you dont know the model of the psu, you probably didnt build it yourself which then makes us think you dont know too much about the hardware in the 1st place.

Jan 12, 2020
So I did not know to hand what exact model of Corsair it was. Which I have not got as I have access to the PC again.

Corsair HX650W Professional Series.

Regarding building PC's. Yes I do know what I am doing. I have built many in the past.

This is the first time I have come across this particular answer so was merely looking for some guidance.

Update: I swapped the 5700XT for a Asus Strix-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5 and installed up to date drivers for that.

Same tests ran and this appears to be more stable as played BF V for 45 mins.

So the Asus looks to take 225W but I cant find the details on XFX for power consumption other than they recommend a 600W PSU.

So I guess I am looking at a probable faulty card? Or are Radeon drivers the issue? (I normally use Nvidia and first time using Radeon so not sure of any bugs ..etc)

Possibly power supply is having trouble supplying the proper voltage over time as the card does work for a while. Either that or the card could be overheating. In which case you need to ensure there is good airflow around the card or set a more aggressive fan curve on the card.

Jan 12, 2020
I am going to run a 3D Mark stress test as well.

Just to be sure its not an odd driver issue to do with BF V.

Airflow looks good. got 2 fans on front with a filter drawing air in and then one on the back and the top taking air out.

As the temp did not go above 60c when playing I don't think it is that (could be wrong).

PSU certainly could be at fault. Its the one thing I did not upgrade as I figured 650w should be fine however there is always a chance it is faulty.

Jan 12, 2020
I just rolled back to version 19.12.3 as I heard the same.

Before I was on the very latest 20.1.1.

If this fails I will try 19.12.1 as that has Adrenaline 2019 instead of 2020