[SOLVED] Issue with Nvidia GTX 660 drivers.

Apr 25, 2021
Hello,
I tried posting my issue to the Nvida forum and received no response so hopefully someone might have an idea what's going on. Randomly, my screen goes black and after a few seconds it comes back up (usually) saying the nvidia display driver has stopped responding and recovered. Sometimes the system hangs and I have to hard boot. Thank you for any help! This is the event viewer message:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

System

-Provider
[ Name] Display

-EventID4101
[ Qualifiers] 0

Level3

Task0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2021-04-25T11:45:37.000000000Z

EventRecordID2893402

ChannelSystem

ComputerAlienware

Security

-EventData

nvlddmkm

Solution
Also if what @kerberos_20 mentioned doesn't work try safely uninstalling nvidia drivers using DDU.
You'll need to boot into safe mode to properly uninstall the drivers in DDU, here's how to do that. Choose 'without networking' option (option # 4).

Once the driver is fully uninstalled, try reinstalling using a fresh install driver. It's possible the first install might've been corrupted during the installation process.

It could also be your GPU dying, though this is the last thing I'd like to resort to thinking. Try the DDU first.
hi, i believe your operating system has some files corrupted (error code 0x80000000000000)
open cmd or powershell with admin rights and run those commands one by one
chkdsk /f
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow

Also if what @kerberos_20 mentioned doesn't work try safely uninstalling nvidia drivers using DDU.
You'll need to boot into safe mode to properly uninstall the drivers in DDU, here's how to do that. Choose 'without networking' option (option # 4).

Once the driver is fully uninstalled, try reinstalling using a fresh install driver. It's possible the first install might've been corrupted during the installation process.

It could also be your GPU dying, though this is the last thing I'd like to resort to thinking. Try the DDU first.

Solution