Question Issue with Outlook (MS Office 365)

marvindash

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2014
Hi all,

I've been having some trouble with Outlook recently. It will send/receive when it opens, and I will receive some e-mails during the course of the day, but then I'll receive no e-mails for several hours (unusual) and the send/receive won't complete (but doesn't give me an error message either; it just looks like it's still halfway through sending/receiving). I can close it, but then if I click on Outlook to reopen, it won't reopen. I have to reboot the PC. Upon rebooting, Outlook will start itself and suddenly receive all the e-mails I've not received over the past few hours.

I've checked with my web host and e-mail provider, and there's no problem at their end. I can also receive e-mails to the same e-mail address on my phone, so Outlook is the problem.

Any ideas?

marvindash

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2014
Unfortunately Joe deleted the solution before I could gain any benefit from it (very busy week). I found a solution myself. In the spirit of benefiting others by leaving it up, here it is:

Open Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program.
In the list of installed programs, right-click the entry for your Office installation, and then click Change, and then click Online Repair.