Issue with Palit HD4850 Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN4

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
my 3 days old Card is giving me few probs!

initially i got few red vertical patches on the screen followed by vertical green dots and this use to disappear when my Vista gets loaded.

but since morning i keep getting this all the time and i get a BSOD after the "Loading" screen of Vista.this keeps happening and i cant access my OS...the only way is to boot in Safe Mode and then restart...though the patches come again it disappears after Vista is loaded.
i have not been able to test my card much since i don't have any games right now,but tried furmark and my display crashed.
My driver ver is 8.10.(updated via ati)
I have SP1

tq
my config=DELL SP2008WFP|Cooler Master Elite 330 Cabinet|MSI P45 NEO-F|Intel Q6600|Palit HD 4850 Sonic|Cooler Master PCAR-600

G

i got the same problem dude, i just bought palit hd4850 sonic card and a mobo msi k9a2 platinum- i have a zephyr 760 psu, assembled the rig and when i powered it on for the first time i noticed that the display is distorted then thick red horizontal lines appeared and lots of green dots, yellow horizontal lines, and on the desktop still full of horizontal lines. omg, is the video card damaged? and one thing when you install the driver- an error occurs and when u boot it up the screen stays black. nothing comes out. please help

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
What are the specs of your Power supplies? Look on the sticker on the side of the Power supplies, the main number you are concerned with is the number of amps on the 12v+ rails.

It could be your cards aren't getting enough power, but it could be bad cards as well.

G

Mine is HEC Zephyr 750 Watts which is cross fire certified and sli certified as well, it has two pci-e 8 pins rail which exactly fits hd4850 and it also comes with two pci-e 6 pins rail which i also tried using the 6 pin to 8 pin converter included in the video card, but it still shows the same problem, i tried it on a different mobo and same problem came out.

Now theres nothing i can do but play games with my cheap palit 9500 gt, i saw a thread on the palit forum and the admin was advising the dude with the same problem to RMA the card-- I returned mine to the store but I think they haven't tested it yet- no feed back from them, hope it's not one of a series of bugged product.

Did you have the 9500GT there until last week, and replaced it with the HD 4850? If yes, did you reinstall Vista or at least run Driver Cleaner? You might have a conflict there between nVidia and ATI drivers.

namic

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Hello all

I am new to this forum. I am also facing the same issue. My Rig setup is

ABIT IP35E
Intel C2D E 7300
Corair Twin XMS2
Corsair VX 450

Since I havnt got my LCD yet I was testing it with the 17" Samsung syncmaster CRT monitor. I hope the monitor is not the one causing the issue. Also I had little time to install xp and all, so I was testing all the time with the Ubuntu 8.04 live CD. Please help

G

I did a fresh install of my operating system with the palit hd4850 as my video card- i only used my 9500 gt to test my mobo but it seems that the problem is with the hd4850 since the bars and lines appear once i open my computer.

lioncomputer

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I hope you wouldnt change its frequency.first of all download the 8.12 and install it,if your problem wont solve try to reduce your memory clock with ATI overdrive,if your problem wont solve,listen to the sound of your Power,and if its sound would be like whistling your power is weaker than what it should be. at least the palite brand is not the good one and always have the problem like this

Wow, 3 guys with the same card and the same problem. Your PSUs should all be powerful enough, even the VX450.

Namic, is your card a Palit HD 4850 too?

You should all talk to Palit support. The most likely thing here IMO is that there's a bad batch of cards and they should send you replacements.

namic

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
yes mine is also a Palit HD 4850 Sonic Factory OC one

here is how the thing looks when it boots up

see the red lines in the background. I guess its a hardware issue. I am actually w8in for RMN4's reply, cos he seems to have some how corrected the issue

bluthunder

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
noob here
have also experience the same.. just recently.. i don't know the problem is but we tried already 2 cards of the same brand.. and same results..

@namic.. you were saying there are corrected issues on this problems. any updates on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.