Issue with Raid 0 in Windows 7 and SSDs - second drive not showing

2wdmtnbk

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to setup Intel SSDs in a RAID0 array. I have followed the instructions provided by Intel. Both drives are in the system and recognized by the system. A raid array volume was successfully created using Intel Matrix Storage Console. It is showing both drives as part of the array. The drives are 75GB each together as one drive they are 150gb.

When I go and look at the size of the single drive in Windows Explorer it says it is only 75GB instead of the 150GB.

So then I go into Disk Management and it lists my disks. It lists my raid array as Disk 0, basic, 149.06GB, and online. It shows that disk 0 is made up of 3 segments:

1. 100MB, Healthy (System, Active, Primary)
2. C:\, 74.43 GB NTFS, Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)
3. 74.53 GB Unallocated

For some reason it is showing the second disk in the array as part of disk 0 but the system isn't using it as part of the array. If I right click on it it gives me the option to make a simple drive. If I right click on "disk 0" it gives me the option to convert it to a dynamic disk. If I right click on "C:" it gives me the option to extend the volume among other things. If I click to extend the volume the size I can extend it by is 76,316MB.

What is wrong and what should I do?

TRENDING THREADS