Issue With Ram Swap, No display when upgrading Ram

Tristan Sullivan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
Hello I'm new to this forum so bare with me. I'm having trouble swapping my current 3 ddr2 800Hz 2gb ram sticks with 4 ddr2 1066Hz 2gb ram sticks. Heres the kicker, (well one of them) my current ram sticks are not even on the motherboard's compatible ram chart, i checked through the manual many times but i could not find it, my better ram cards are on the compatibility list with DIMM support C* according to the manual it only supports the cards if all 4 cards are in which of course i put all 4 in and nothing. ive already done everything i have seen to do ive reset cmos ive tried putting different amounts of cards in every slot, ive tried just about everything i could think of. The cards work, they worked in another motherboard of the exact same model but I cant use that because it cant connect to the internet even with Ethernet pci cards and wifi dongles.

If someone could help me that would be great and thank you in advance for at least reading this.

by the way heres my hardware specs and models

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 920 Processor 2.81GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Current RAM: http://

Better RAM: http://

Motherboard: http://

Fans: like 10

Solution
Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1200(O.C.)/1066 is supported by AM3/AM2+ CPU for one DIMM per channel only. The motherboard is a dual channel motherboard. This suggests 1066MHz can be achieved by overclocking when using two DIMMs per channel.

G.Skill guarantees the rated speeds and timings of any memory to be obtainable only in the kit it is sold in. No guarantees are made if you choose to mix together multiple kits.
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B

This is a two module kit not 4 ddr2 1066Hz 2gb ram sticks. Memory manufacturers guarantee the rated speeds of any memory to be obtainable only in the kit it is sold in.

Motherboard specs indicate that due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1200(O.C.)/1066 is supported by AM3/AM2+ CPU for one DIMM per channel only. The highest speed would be 800MHz with four modules.

New memory specs:
Tested Speed 1066MHz
Tested Latency 5-5-5-15-2N
Tested Voltage 2.0v~2.1v

SPD Speed 800MHz
SPD Voltage 1.80v

Since you are adding an additional set of memory, the rated timings may not work due to the extra stress on the memory controller. Therefore, you may need to increase the dram voltages and relax the DRAM timings to get two sets of memory to work at 800MHZ. As the motherboard specifications indicate, you can't run at 1066MHz with more than two DIMMs, so four will run at 800MHz maximum. G.Skill makes no guarantees that when using multiple kits of memory that they will work at all.

Tristan Sullivan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

I'm a bit confused are you telling me to change my bios config or are you putting down descriptions given by the manufacturers cause i need a solution and I should be able to run 1066MHz with all 4 cause my dad was able to do that on on his computer which was the EXACT same set up same mobo, processor, GPU all was the same except for the ram card set up his bios was all default to. I don't know if he made some hardware configurations that are undetectable to the eye or something. If this controller is a root Bios software or something a link to it would be great. :??:

also i cant ask my dad cause sadly he is no longer with us.

also the bios Memory timings for my mobo are really weird it doesn't have cas delay or any of that its full of like tpcs to3s and random values that i cant recognize I can get back to you if you need a fuller description of it

and im not saying 4 as in amount of kits 4 is the amount of cards i have i have a 2 kit system

Tristan Sullivan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
Bump

Does anyone have a description of what I need to do in English no complete computer talk I know a bit about computers but I don't understand some of the stuff the other person is saying.

Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1200(O.C.)/1066 is supported by AM3/AM2+ CPU for one DIMM per channel only. The motherboard is a dual channel motherboard. This suggests 1066MHz can be achieved by overclocking when using two DIMMs per channel.

G.Skill guarantees the rated speeds and timings of any memory to be obtainable only in the kit it is sold in. No guarantees are made if you choose to mix together multiple kits.

Solution

Tristan Sullivan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
So no need for anymore help. I made a bit of an idiot of myself and acsidently ripped a chipset off of one of the cards while trying to remove a heatsink to check for fried components.. let me tell you there was damaged but the wrong type of damage than what i was looking for.