[SOLVED] Issue with red cpu light on motherboard

Aug 22, 2021
I am a new builder and built my first pc, i went to boot it and it showed the bios screen but i then ran into issues when trying to install windows, i then noticed that the cpu light was red so i replaced the cpu.

Even after replacing the cpu there is stil a red cpu light and i have tried everything to try and fix the issue and i am really confused on what it could be as the system goes into bios fine, the sata cables are connected properly to the Hard Drive, the ram is in its optimal dual channel placement, and the cpu power cord is in fine. When in the bios everything is detected fine also.

Please help.

Solution
Updating the BIOS can be a daunting experience if you've never done it before but it's also necessary in many cases. Luckily your motherboard has BIOS Flash which makes it a lot easier. Watch some videos/tutorials on how to do it and familiarise yourself with the whole process until you feel comfortable on how to do it because as Mqx has said, your board needs to be updated before it will run a 5600X.
Aug 22, 2021
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 x
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: Corsair CP-9020131-UK TXM Series 750 W TX750M
RAM: Corsair Venegence RGB PRO 16GB
COOLER: 100i PRO XT RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008 Internal Hard Drive

I thought about updating the mobo bios but i heard stories about bricking and that freaked me out as i dont want to make the issue worse, and im not sure if it causes the red cpu light either.

Dec 18, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 x
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: Corsair CP-9020131-UK TXM Series 750 W TX750M
RAM: Corsair Venegence RGB PRO 16GB
COOLER: 100i PRO XT RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008 Internal Hard Drive

I thought about updating the mobo bios but i heard stories about bricking and that freaked me out as i dont want to make the issue worse, and im not sure if it causes the red cpu light either.
a quick google search reveals that the b450 tomahawk doesn't support 5000 series until the bios is updated.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Updating the BIOS can be a daunting experience if you've never done it before but it's also necessary in many cases. Luckily your motherboard has BIOS Flash which makes it a lot easier. Watch some videos/tutorials on how to do it and familiarise yourself with the whole process until you feel comfortable on how to do it because as Mqx has said, your board needs to be updated before it will run a 5600X.

Solution