[SOLVED] Issue with restart on Windows 10

Jul 13, 2018
I'm having a problem with my windows where my computer boots up fine when I use the on switch on the case. But the pc boots to bios when I use the restart feature built into windows 10 (or when something restarts my pc for me). It also appears the the bios is no longer recognising the hard disk (my SSD listed below) that windows is installed onto after a restart, but my SSD is recognised if I then turn off my computer and switch it back on by the power button on the front of the case? Any idea what the issue could be or how to fix it?

Specs:
Windows 10 64 bit
CPU - Intel i5 7600K
Mobo - MSI z270 tomahawk atx
RAM - 2x4gb hyperX fury black
SSD - Corsair Force Series GT 240gb
Power Supply - Corsair CX 500 watt Semi Modular
Hard drive - Seagate 2tb

Solution
Thanks for the advice, tried a host of other things and it seemed to work. Windows now restarts normally.

Things I did that could have been the fix...

In Bios:
Set it to use RAID over AHCI
Enabled hotplugging on all sata ports
Set the boot mode from UEFI to LEGACY+UEFI

After making these changes I reinstalled windows again from a bootable USB and formatted all the hard disks before selecting which drive to install windows on.
Jul 13, 2018
Tried that after some googling but unfortunately it didn't work. I have also just reinstalled windows to see if that would fix the problem but unfortunately it persists. I think it may be a bios setting is wrong or something, but I'm no expert. I also tried setting the bios to default but that also didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Jul 13, 2018
Thanks for the advice, tried a host of other things and it seemed to work. Windows now restarts normally.

Things I did that could have been the fix...

In Bios:
Set it to use RAID over AHCI
Enabled hotplugging on all sata ports
Set the boot mode from UEFI to LEGACY+UEFI

After making these changes I reinstalled windows again from a bootable USB and formatted all the hard disks before selecting which drive to install windows on.

Solution