Issue with SSD partitions and new W10 install

ferociousonyx

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
I installed W10 fresh on a new SSD as my boot drive. After this I tried adding a new additional SSD forextra storage later on but Windows did not recognise it. Somehow in disk management I thought I'd actually managed to add the additional SSD and it showed up as (E) as having only 500MB of space (the drive is actually a samsung EVO 850 500GB model).
After removing that drive and booting up again, the E drive is still showing. I've realised now that I've actually created an additional partition.
So now I have Disk 0 and CD Rom 0.
Disk 0 reads as Games Disk (E) with 500MB and (C) with however much space it had to begin with. Both are NTFS.
This is annoying me, not only because my new SSD wasn't showing up but because I have an annoying partition that shows up in explorer like a regular drive. How can I remove that annoying new partition?
What should I do? I've tried formatting the new partition and windows refuses to do it. I'm running Windows 10 Home. It's the full retail version, not OEM. Should I just do a clean reinstall again, wipe it all off and be more careful next time? I've not done much with the system since I started it up in the last hour or so

Solution
Yes, initialize it as MBR and format NTFS.
Most stuff in computers starts with 0, so 0 is first, 1 second etc.
What I do against mixups is to label each and partition disk with it's own name.

ferociousonyx

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016

thank you. Did this. That pesky 500MB partition is still present but only in disk management; no longer appears as a seperate drive, so I'm not going near that again.

Now on the subject of making my 2nd drive active:
Disk management does notice it now as unallocated data. Samsung Magician notices it too. So what do I do here?
It appears as "Disk 1" now. But on opening Disk Management it will prompt me to initialise the disk with two options:
MBR (Master Boot Record)
GPT (GUID Partition Table)

Which done do I pick? Cancelling simply takes me into the utility as normal but I can't do anything with the disk (1) except initialise that brings me back to the prompt.