Issue with underperforming graphic card

Boblivious

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
Hi i have an issue, i just benchmarked my pc using "UserBenchmarks" and it says that my GPU (ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB)is performing below expectations (26th percentile of the average) and it may affect my FPS in games like Battlefield 1 (fps drops to 40 at times on lowest settings) is this supposed to be normal?

here is the markup:
UserBenchmarks: Game 63%, Desk 53%, Work 40%
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 - 70.8%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 69.2%
SSD: Patriot Blast 120GB - 82.1%
HDD: WD Black 1TB (2013) - 75.7%
RAM: Unknown PB N0 4x8GB - 61%
MBD: Asus B150M-A D3

Solution
UserBenchmark is almost useless for modern GPUs. It only benchmarks DirectX 9 & 10 while just about every game nowadays is DX11 & 12.

Even then, those percentages don't tell us much because it's being compared to systems that we don't know how they were running. Were they overclocked? Underclocked? Thermal throttling? Etc.

Run a DX11 benchmark like FireStrike and share the results. https://store.steampowered.com/app/402290/3DMark_Fire_Strike_benchmarks/

If you want to share userbenchmark results, share the link to your results page. Those percentages you shared are useless.
UserBenchmark is almost useless for modern GPUs. It only benchmarks DirectX 9 & 10 while just about every game nowadays is DX11 & 12.

Even then, those percentages don't tell us much because it's being compared to systems that we don't know how they were running. Were they overclocked? Underclocked? Thermal throttling? Etc.

Run a DX11 benchmark like FireStrike and share the results. https://store.steampowered.com/app/402290/3DMark_Fire_Strike_benchmarks/

If you want to share userbenchmark results, share the link to your results page. Those percentages you shared are useless.

Solution
Battlefield 1, and soon Battlefield V, really need more than 4 cores/4 threads in large multiplayer matches. If these framedrops are happening in multiplayer games then it's likely your i5 is the reason. If this is what's happening, yes it's normal. It'll go away if you upgrade your CPU. That Asus motherboard can support an i7, if you find one at a good price that might be worth considering if Battlefield games are your thing.