Question Issue with USB ports. Keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting and its driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2020
I recently just built my computer.
Asus Prime X570 Pro motherboard.

So it all started when I started getting random USB connect/disconnect sounds and then the lights on my rgb fans(Corsair LL Series which are connected to a commander pro) would turn off and back on. I replugged in everything but it still made the problem. I though it was a usb port so I unplugged the commander pro and plugged it somewhere else. It still made the problem.
I discovered a software called USBDeview which helped me see what USB devices were getting disconnected. I found it was my aio cooler(corsair h100i rgb platinum se) usb connection that was getting disconnected so I disconnected that (since its not really needed, plus I only have 2 10 pin usb ports and 1 is connected to the commander pro and other to the usb for the aio cooler. That didn't work either.

Then all the sudden my keyboard usb(it requires 2 usb ports) wasn't connecting so I switched to another usb port in the back and it worked fine. And now I plugged in my mouse and headphone to where the usb port was and now i randomly get my mouse and headphones disconnected plus the lights on my fans turn off and back on.

I've tried multiple solutions.
I've tried changing power setting. (maybe I'm consuming too much power and its forcing usb devices to disconnect)
I've updated drivers.
I've even gone to the bios and changed my usb 3.0 ports to 2.0 because of something i read online.

I'm 100% my cables aren't broken because there all still working on my laptop.

This is a screenshot of the USB Deview.

View: https://imgur.com/5EznRKT

On the top, the first 3 columns are the devices getting disconnected but I'm pretty sure its not the devices. also idk why but the device names make it harder to figure out what the device is.

I think its maybe a motherboard problem or a driver problem but it makes no sense that the lights on my rgb fans turn off and back on in a second at the same time as my mouse and headphones. Or could it possibly be a power issue? I'm completely lost and miserable because I spent a good amount of money on this computer and this problem just keeps getting worse and its very annoying. Thank You.

Lutfij

Titan
We will need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. Then check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard and if you've got any BIOS updates pending.

Jan 7, 2020
CPU: ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard: Asus prime x570 pro
Ram: corsair vengence rgb32 gb
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 ssd and Seagate Barracudea 2tb
GPU: 2080 ti
PSU: Corsair 2019 750W
Chassis: Lian li 011 dynamic

Its a 2019 PSU and the computer is brand new, just built. My bios version is the UEFIO Bios utility. No BIOS Updates Pending.

Feb 7, 2020
Found this post while trying to Google my problem.

This is crazy because I'm having the same issue and my build is surprisingly close to yours. Difference case and I have a 2080 (not ti) but the rest is spot on. Same proc/mobo/memory/PSU/OS

I'll post back if I find anyhting

Feb 7, 2020
Hey can you describe what your setup with your AIO and Commander is?

Do you still have the AIO pump USB going into a motherboard USB header?
or is the AIO USB going into one of the USB headers on the commander?

Make sure you don't have two things in iCue (AIO and Commander) trying to control the same set of fans.

May 1, 2020
go to windows device manager
choose view and press show hidden device
check if have any virtual or unknown keyboard and mouse and deactivate or unistall

Status
Not open for further replies.